Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ORV Rescue Club?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Lightbulb ORV Rescue Club?

So this was just a random thought I had that, with some participation, may be kind of fun and a bit different.

For a while I've been thinking of putting a decal on my hood/fender area, but never had the ambition to think about what to do. My interest was re-sparked when I saw a picture where a member put RUBICON on his fender and it looked good. (he's not a member here so I don't want to steal his picture, but im sure you get the idea).

So I've been brainstorming ideas and came up with :
    ORV RESCUE-01

Obviously shorthand for Off-Road-Vehicle Rescue vehicle #1. Then I thought, why not make mini-club out of it for TUJ??

I've since been coming up with a "requirements" list. Of course it would mostly be merit based... but I think the requirements are simple enough to have just about anyone here qualify.

Each member would get their own number. For example the next member would be "ORV RESCUE-02". There would be no number overlaps, and we will have an official list with a picture of each vehicle in the first post of the thread.

Some requirements (+/- pending input)
    1) Must be TUJ Member
    2) Must offroad a minimum of 2x per year
    3) Must carry tow strap(s) at all time - on & offroad
    4) Must carry 1st-aid kit at all times - on & offroad
    5) Must have minimum of 1 tow point

And then a list of recommended gear like OBA, flares, jumper cables, shovel, D-rings, etc, etc.

I also think this would be a good way to promote the nature of TUJ... which is primarily Modifying, Offroading & Helping our fellow enthusiasts.

Thoughts??

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    I like it! But how about SFA RESCUE-01?
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I like this idea alot!! When I had my Nissan 240sx, my club had a decal we all put on, however since we all didnt like the look of a badge up car, we created a "ghost" decal so you wouldnt see from all angles it looked really cool and Matt if I can find the picture my buddy had a white 240 with a grey "ghost" emblem which looked awesome!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

I was thinking we'd have a standard size/font/location and then everyone can get their own custom colors.... make it as noticeable as they desire.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    I like it! But how about SFA RESCUE-01?
    I don't want to single out anyone..... we'll save them all lol.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    So how would we decide who's who? Meaning who gets what number?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

The order you join. Ill make a thread and when you've met the requirements you post up.... you can include pictures, a story, whatever you want. Ill then add you to a spreadsheet that ill host on my dropbox and assign you the next number in sequence.

We can have a stickie thread that is a list of members with a picture of their rig and a link to the joining thread. Once you get your decal on you can email me the pic and ill add it to the first post of said thread.

We may also want to have the standard decal size different for XK & WK body differences.

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    I like it.I'm in.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Since I am but bone stock and really do not have a lot of offroad experience (at least on a truck) I might be one of the rescuees when I do. I can contribute by making the decal for you guys. Just give me a reference of what you want it to look like, and I will come up with something.
    07 WK Limited, 3.0 CRD, QDII

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information