Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ORV Rescue Club?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Im pretty sure I meet all of the requirements...lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Cool. Looks like theres some real interest.

It doesn't matter if you're bone stock.... these vehicles are very capable off-road even in stock form. The goal is to promote offroading and also advance the practice of being "prepared".. hence why two of my recommendations are a first aid kit and tow strap at all times. Both of these items have come in handy during normal daily driving. Throw some basic rescue equipment in the back of the Jeep, go wheeling twice a year and join! In the end its all in good fun..... And a bit more rewarding that something like "I'm in the white Jeep club because I have a white Jeep"

I'm not sure if its possible, but I'd like my decal to have grey lettering that's outlined in blue and red numbers. Otherwise I may just do grey letters with red numbers.

And this is open to recommendations. .... should we set the bar higher? More requirements for supplies, like CB, off-road jack of some kind, etc? More than 2 wheeling trips?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    All white letters would work for me.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

When I'm kicking back tonight after work ill setup the threads and excel sheet so we can get the ball rolling, numbers assigned and decals ordered.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    By adding more requirements I think it sort of takes away from the fun of it. The basics I think are perfect since us "newbies" can all participate. Maybe for the more advanced, you can set a different decal, like chief or captain or something high ranking showing your level of insanity, I mean commitment hahaha
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm in of course and currently meet the requirements but I think they should be tougher. The harder to get in the more pride there is but don't make it so hard only 5 of us can make it in. I think a cb is a must even just for running any trail. Extra lights maybe also think the recovery points should be minimum front and rear.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 06-26-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I'm in & meet all requirements as is now & still building on to it
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Cool. Looks like theres some real interest.

It doesn't matter if you're bone stock.... these vehicles are very capable off-road even in stock form. The goal is to promote offroading and also advance the practice of being "prepared".. hence why two of my recommendations are a first aid kit and tow strap at all times. Both of these items have come in handy during normal daily driving. Throw some basic rescue equipment in the back of the Jeep, go wheeling twice a year and join! In the end its all in good fun..... And a bit more rewarding that something like "I'm in the white Jeep club because I have a white Jeep"

I'm not sure if its possible, but I'd like my decal to have grey lettering that's outlined in blue and red numbers. Otherwise I may just do grey letters with red numbers.

This is moving faster than I expected. How about this?
    It might be an issue for some people, as it might not pop off their vehicles.

07 WK Limited, 3.0 CRD, QDII

Wow great input everyone!!

I think we'll keep it somewhat simple for 2012 since we're halfway through the year. I want to see these vehicles hitting the trails, there's enough rescue vehicles on pavement already.

For 2013 we'll up the anti and/or see about adding levels.... maybe stripes or stars to denote rank (hell most of you are current or retired military so that should be a good fit!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelcodex View Post
    This is moving faster than I expected. How about this?
    It might be an issue for some people, as it might not pop off their vehicles.

That color scheme is exactly what I was thinking of, for my vehicle at least. Maybe a bit more aggressive of a font though?

And would it be easier/cheaper/better to Just do 2-3 standard colors to suit everyone? Each one will have a different number so I wasn't sure if it then mattered what colors we do since they'll be one-offs regardless....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information