As I mentioned a few weeks ago I installed the k&n CAI series 63 and loved everything about it, the sound, gain in mpg and performance. It was recently I noticed an issue and potentially major issue. When installing CAI you remove the entire airbox exposing the underside of intake to all elements with absolutely no protection, refer to pictures below..
From Top
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000285.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	1363
From underneath

Name:	WP_000289.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	1364

You can see clearly anyone who wheels or even enjoys the childish drive thru puddles after a heavy rain, the issue of hydrolocking is there and inevitable. After speaking with 07jeepxk, we both agreed modifying the lower portion of the airbox would be the best idea. Tricky part was test fitting and deciding how much to trim to prevent air flow restriction but yet still providing protection from water splashing up. This is what I came up with..
From top

Name:	WP_000290.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	1365
From underneath

Name:	V__954A.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	1366

As you can see there is much more of a shield from underneath, still a small opening but an improvement. Thinking of maybe trimming a piece of plastic to fit that small area and creating my own splash shield for the bottom of intake so the worry is mostly gone. Ive also been considering installing the fresh intake tube for protection from the front.. hhhmmmm Im seeing a custom airbox in the very near future

Here are before/after shot from underneath:

Name:	WP_000289.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	1364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V__954A.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	1366