Thread: k&n Intake Modification

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Yea i hear ya but as Im sure you read everyone has issues with the stock intake not protecting from water so I said screw and come up with something so this what I came up with for now.. I still want to find someone who does fiberglass and create a mold that will enclose from water but still provide adequate air for intake. Ive got a few designs on the design that would work just have to put it together..
    Well I will definitely be following as it is a good mod for those who want the full intake. I have a relatively light foot and won't really see the actual performance gains from a full system...I intend to "cruise" a lot ;p
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Despite what some people think you feel a CAI alot more than just under WOT and it may not be equaling more HP or TQ but the ease of acceleration and climbing thru RPMs is alot better with one.. To be honest I probably didnt gain much of anything on paper but it performs, sounds and gets better mpg, now that I use the right gas. I got 15.3-15.5 going thru the hills on the way to and from Rausch
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thread Information