Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: k&n Intake Modification

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    It should as its wedged in pretty good, its on the list to figure out Saturday. With how easy the grill pops in and out, its really a no brainer. If it doesnt affect performance I may leave it in and create a whole custom bottom and front airbox, havent decided yet will have to see once I get everything apart
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Well I told everyone Id update this thread when I came up with a better idea and today was that day!! When I was at Adams yesterday he gave me some extra thin rubber that he had a roll of. I made my own custom lower intake shield and front shield by the radiator. I used some RTV to seal everything together. Now I have complete protection from water underneath and much better coverage from the front. Here are some pics of the install..

2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Nice job man, I ended putting my factory box back in because of water issues.

Thanks, Im happy with the result, my obvious goal was to not rob any air for the intake with providing good amount of water protection and I think I accomplished that. Would like everyones opinion or if they think there is something I can approve. One thing to note is the lower piece is glued bottom and front so it wont move..

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Perfect! Glad that rubber finally came to good use!!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Perfect! Glad that rubber finally came to good use!!
    Thats what she said!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Thats what she said!!!
    Oh snap! Gotta jeep proff are responses LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Nice man I am glad to see you found a better solution. As you now I was going to go down this route but I decided I'll just get the airaid MIT tube and attach to the stock box. Great mod though
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Yea i hear ya but as Im sure you read everyone has issues with the stock intake not protecting from water so I said screw and come up with something so this what I came up with for now.. I still want to find someone who does fiberglass and create a mold that will enclose from water but still provide adequate air for intake. Ive got a few designs on the design that would work just have to put it together..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Yea i hear ya but as Im sure you read everyone has issues with the stock intake not protecting from water so I said screw and come up with something so this what I came up with for now.. I still want to find someone who does fiberglass and create a mold that will enclose from water but still provide adequate air for intake. Ive got a few designs on the design that would work just have to put it together..
    Well I will definitely be following as it is a good mod for those who want the full intake. I have a relatively light foot and won't really see the actual performance gains from a full system...I intend to "cruise" a lot ;p
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information