Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ORV RESCUE- 2013 Membership Application Thread

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Thumbs up ORV RESCUE- 2013 Membership Application Thread

This "club" was started with a few simple goals:

1- To be fun. It was a random idea that collected momentum, but has a good foundation.
    2- To promote "being prepared". Some of the requirements go beyond off-road trips and camping... its about helping your fellow motorists even on your daily commute or in inclement weather.
    3- To promote members to go off-road. You don't have to go rock crawling on blacks... just get off the blacktop once in a while to enjoy the outdoors (and do it responsibly)
    4- To promote the modifications that we as enthusiasts love to do.
    5- To have a cool sticker.... yeah

Here's how this will work:

- You have the rest of this year to fulfill the requirements to be a member for 2013
    - As soon as you fulfill the requirements, you are granted membership status. So the earlier you complete them in 2012, the longer you'll be a member for.
    - You must meet the requirements each year to qualify. So next year, 2013, you'll be working towards your 2014 membership.
    - If you do not qualify in a subsequent year, you will be put on probation but will not lose your number.
    - If you do not quality for a second year in a row, you will be removed from the list and lose your number.

What does membership grant you?

- It's for fun... what else do you need?
    - You will be assigned your own vehicle #, there will never be two active members with the same number.
    - You'll be eligible to sport an official ORV RESCUE decal on your hood (example below). Note that stickers are your responsibility... and we're still working that out as far as how "standards" will work.

Example Sticker:

How to apply
    Simple. Just post in this thread with justification that you've met the requirements to be awarded your 2013 membership. I will verify, add you to the list, and assign you a number. Once you have your vehicle number designation, order a decal, install it and send me a picture and I'll add it to the official member list (probably another thread to show off our members).

REQUIREMENTS
    1) Must be current TUJ member (that's a given)
    2) Must off-road 2+ times a year
    3) Must have at least one tow/recovery point (although 2 is recommended)
    4) Must keep the current supplies in the vehicle at all times
    a) Tow Strap
    b) Jumper Cables
    c) First Aid Kit
    5) Must have the following supplies for off-roading
    a) CB
    b) Offroad Jack and/or adequate base to allow the use of stock jack
    6) Along with justification for the above, include the following information with your application:
    a) Screen name
    b) First name
    c) Year/Model of vehicle
    d) Summary of vehicle mods
    e) Link to garage thread
    Last edited by Matt; 06-27-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Application:
    Screen name = Matt
    First name = Matt
    Year/Model of vehicle = 2007 Commander XK
    Summary of vehicle & mods: 5.7L Hemi, Quadra-Drive II, OME HD lift, full detail of skids, sliders, roof rack, GY Duratrac tires

For 2012, I've already been to Rausch Creek 3 times thereby fulfilling my offroading requirements:
    http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...k%201-15-2012/
    http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...ek%204-1-2012/
    http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...k%206-17-2012/

For tow points I use the hitch in the rear. I had the 4xG matrix up front but recently removed it. While I'm waiting to put a full steel front bumper/winch combo on, I'll be installing a factory tow hook.

Except for the X-Jack, I keep everything shown in my vehicle at all times. I will remove my OBA if the vehicle is sitting for an extended period of time just so it's not baking. I also keep my Midland CB in the center console at all times.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Application:
    Screen name = Sal-XK
    First name = Sal
    Year/Model of vehicle = 2007 Commander XK
    Summary of vehicle & mods: full armor, front and rear recovery points, 2" lift, 33" tires, midland CB, rear and side rack lights.

Offroading requirements: Already been to uwharrie this year and I off road at least twice a week going fishing.

Last edited by Sal-XK; 06-26-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Application:
    Screen name = Knappster
    First name = Jon
    Year/Model of vehicle = 2006 Commander XK Limited
    Summary of vehicle & mods: full armor, front and rear recovery points, 2.25" lift, 32" tires, Cobra CB, Front and rear steel bumpers, tube fenders, roof rack.

Off-roading requirements: Ultimate Jeep Summit & three local Jeep runs so far this year.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Application:
    Screen name = Pjmjr508
    First name = Philip
    Year/Model of vehicle = 2007 XK Overland QDII
    Summary of vehicle & mods: Full Armor, Front and Rear recovery points, 2.25" lift, 32" tires, Cobra CB, Roof Rack, OBA, HiLift Jack, Carry a sortment of straps (Tie downs/ Tow) First Aid Kit.

Off-roading requirements: Been out 3 times this year so far with PNW 4x4's @ TSF and also with family in the local area.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Application:
    Screen name = Stites-xk
    First name = Charles
    Year/Model of vehicle = 2006 Commander XK
    Summary of vehicle & mods:Full under armor SA super sliders, rear recovery point, 4'' superlift 33'' tires, Cobra CB, carry chains, straps and tie downs, high lift, and first aid kit.

Off-roading requirements: Been to chinamans gulch 2 times with bach crawlers, china wall , and eagle rock. Plus the occasional fishing trip.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    REQUIREMENTS
    1) Must be current TUJ member: Coming up on my 1-year anniversary in a couple weeks
    2) Must off-road 2+ times a year
    1/21-1/22 Some beach wheeling near Morehead, NC (2 day event)

4/1-4/2 Uwharrie 2 day event (also NC)

3) Must have at least one tow/recovery point: 3 total - (2 in front, one in rear)
    4) Must keep the current supplies in the vehicle at all times
    a) Tow Strap - check
    b) Jumper Cables - check
    c) First Aid Kit - check
    5) Must have the following supplies for off-roading (Satisfied)
    a) CB - Radioshack (cheap-o)
    b) Offroad Jack and/or adequate base to allow the use of stock jack: (Hi-Lift Jack)
    6) Along with justification for the above, include the following information with your application: (picture below)
    a) Screen name: AJeepZJ
    b) First name: AJ
    c) Year/Model of vehicle: 2006/WK Laredo
    d) Summary of vehicle mods: Modified OME 3.5'' Suspension w/ Rear Monroe Load Leveler Shocks, 285/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's on Custom painted Graphite JK MOABs, 1.5'' Spidertrax, K&N 63 Cold Air Intake, AirRam Performance 12" Power Wire, Hypertech Max Energy Power Programmer, Flowmaster 40 Series w/ Extreme Performance 3" Resonator, KC HILITES (Front, Rear, and Sides), Fully 4xGuard Armored, Steel Armadillo WK Super Sliders, Warrior Grill Guard Stinger, Steel Taillight Guards, 4xGuard CB Antenna Mount, Radioshack CB and Scanner Radio with Firestik II 4' Black Tunable Tip, Backup Camera, 3/4" Smittybilt Rear and Front D-rings with Daystar D-Ring Isolater, Fire Extinguisher, Tow straps, Yakima Crossbars, Yakima LoadWarrior Cargo Basket with roof mounted Spare Tire
    e) Link to garage thread: My Build Thread

And older photo

In this assortment of stuff going on in this pic is my First aid, Tow Straps, and Jumper Cables. Not pictured is the HI-Jack (recently acquired). handheld part of the CB can be seen around my rearview mirror. Obviously a lot going on in here. Some of this stuff is just trash from installing some 4xG stuff that I didn't want blowing around in the wind.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 06-28-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Application:
    Screen name = 07JeepXK
    First name = Adam
    Year/Model of vehicle = 2007 Jeep Commander Sport
    Summary of vehicle & mods: 4.7L V8, Airflow Snorkel, OME HD lift, 33" MT/R's w/ Kevlar, Full Mopar skids with 4xguard belly skid, Mopar front tow hooks and rear hitch with shackle, CB.

In the rear of the XK I have 50' of 3" tow strap, Jumper cables, Combat Life Saver bag and a Tool bag. Looking to get some type of OBA in the next month or so.

Off Roading Requirements: I attended "Mudders Day" at Groves Grog Mud Bog as well as several local trail rides in the last few months. Planning on a trip to Wispering Pines in the next few weeks and Rausch Creek in August.

Groves Grog Thread:

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...th-Groves-Grog

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 06-28-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I like how 07JeepXK slide his application into position 07
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    This is a tentative application and is not official until after the 9th application is submitted. ( 2010>10th..10th post...thats it..

Screen name; 1USMC
    First name ; Ron
    Yr/ Model ; 2010 XK
    Mods ; See signature below.. and always carry tow strap and a Bubba
    Rope, sometimes >Warn 9k RC ( for front or rear use ); CB, multi band ham, 700/800 MHz and Vhf radios; Always carry BLS ( basic life support ) medical bag and Oxygen tank.; Jumper Cables ; Off road jack and airbag; two tow points in front one rear; just got back from short off road will post a couple photos as soon as I down load from my camera.

Last edited by 1USMC; 06-28-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4"¯ Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information