Audi RS6 is nice. I prefer the RS4 - lighter and smaller. I got my wife an S4 in 2001, now it needs to go (did I mention SHE has been driving it for 11 years and likes to park by feel).

"Porsche - there is no substitute." I like the older ones. Alongside my XK and the wife's S4 we have an '80 911SC which I just put a 'new' motor in due to a broken head stud on the original engine (a common failure in the 78-83 cars). The engine WILL be rebuilt since it's a numbers matching, special edition car. Other than that, I have owned it for 8 years and it has needed nothing major. The interim motor is a Euro spec 3.2 motor with headers, Weber carbs and lots of special internals; it was run previously in a 3-time national champ's race car. That engine was actually purchased to go into a '77 930 chassis I have that is slowly transforming into a clone of the 1984 954 SC-RS factory race car - a Ralley car!

I have even toyed around with the idea of making the 930 into a rock crawler. Imagine seeing a classic Porsche coming around the ledge on Black Bear Pass!