Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Performance cars

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Obviously you've never driven a new M5 or an Aston Martin surrounded by comfort and luxury oh and can do 150MPH safely in the rain
    BTW the DB-9 is my dream car. It's actually my desktop background.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    BTW the DB-9 is my dream car. It's actually my desktop background.
    Yes I love the look of the DB-9 and having enough HP to power slide threw a corner at 100MPH is pretty awesome to LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    This is the club my family belongs to, they have a lot of fun cars to play with.
    http://www.clubsportiva.com/
    When ever I go home for a visit I go play. I love it, last time got to play with a Enzo. We have 2 cars in the club 1960 Jag XK150 (Only 78 made that are LHD, V6 Auto) Full ground up resto & a 2007 Bentley Continental GT Speed. 550hp AWD 6.0 L Twin Turbo W12. Its a heavy beast, but man this is sex on wheels.

And for the jeep lovers

My fav is a RS6 just always have loved Audi's, they have grip for days & they power & comfort to match.
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 07-01-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    not a fan of Audi never have been not a fan of the older cars either I mean there beautiful and nice to look at and I can appreciate the designs and lines and stuff just not to drive. When driving I like modern power brakes handling and climate control all the goodies That's why I like those dudes that drop older bodies on top of present day chassis's nothing like a car from the 60's with the drive train and chassis from today a perfect combo.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now, I will leave out the exotics, as they just arent practical and most of us cant afford them anyway. In my experiance from working in a body shop for the past 25 years, this is just cars that we all could go out and buy off the lot. No special orders or whatever. My opinion : best sport sedans ( build quality, style, performance ) = BMW. best two seater : simply for tons of power, Corvette ZO6 - ZR1, but for handling and power to boot, 370Z. I cant stand Porsches because of the crappy sound and on most models the pedals come up out of the floor instead of hanging. Best luxury sedans : Mercedes. If I was to buy my wife a nice car for daily driving and I could get whatever we wanted, it would be a Mercedes. If I was to buy myself a car it would definitely be a 370Z.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Haha if I can find on that I can afford I would love to get a RS6 but even a 2k3 with low miles are still close to 30k
    Audi RS6 is my dream car! Yea buddy....
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I would have to say bmw e46 m3 CSL is my dream car, BMWs are the best cars on the road. Coming from a car family and a father whose worked in the car business for 35 years, Ive driven lots of cars and BMWs and Porsche's are the best hands down, my opinion of course. And if you dont know about the CSL, look it up cause its amazing..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Neil I know what you mean with the 370z That's a blast to drive. I had a 2006 G35x & it had the same drive train as the 350z except it was AWD & it was a beast on a 4door frame so I can bet its a screamer in a 2 door format. plus its the drive train for the modern day Skyline (Infiniti G Series). Only reason replacing the G35x is that it was totaled by a drunk. I will say I love my XK, but can't beat time in a performance car as well.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    I'm in the middle of shopping for a BMW for my wife at the moment to replace her Volvo XC90. The first "performance car" I drove was an e46 M3 and thats when I really got to appreciate BMW's. But she wants a nice commuter so 328i it is. I looked at the 335i but I've been warned about the fuel pump related issues that are common after warranty is up.

Personally my dream car is a Dodge Viper GTS ACR. It was by far the most adrenaline pumping experiences I've had riding around with my neighbors a couple years back.
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    The fuel pump issue is a hit or miss.. If you want good insight on these vehicles, go to the BMW forums and you will get EXACTLY what you get here, great knowledge, helpful people who are enthusiasts and know these cars like the back of their hand. BMWs can be pricey to fix but if you follow the maintence schedule you will rewarded. If you enjoyed the e46 m3, a 335i with minor tunes/mods will smoke the m3, trust me Ive seen it. Good luck in the search, I promise once you buy a BMW you wont another car
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information