Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Struts: OEM vs Bilstein vs OME

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I thought they both had the same extended length
    They do have the same extended length. Kolak is pushing a bit of bad info there. Except if the bilsteins are shorter than stock.... but I doubt it.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    They do have the same extended length. Kolak is pushing a bit of bad info there. Except if the bilsteins are shorter than stock.... but I doubt it.
    No. They are the same..
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Lol I know, that was a bit of sarcasm on my part.

Member Looking for Dirt cprokopf's Avatar
    I decided to go with the Bilsteins for two reasons. 1) I've had a couple lifted Wranglers (CJ and a YJ) with Bilsteins and never had a problem. 2) The OME is a little more expensive and I don't really wheel much with my WK. If I do start wheeling I will invest in the 4" lift and everything will need to be replaced anyway.
    2006 WK Laredo V6

2" RR Spacer Lift - F-150 Monroe Load Levelers - 265/65/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers - Very Custom Front Tow Hooks - 4XGuard Front Skid - Awesome Husky Floor Mats - K&N

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by cprokopf View Post
    I decided to go with the Bilsteins for two reasons. 1) I've had a couple lifted Wranglers (CJ and a YJ) with Bilsteins and never had a problem. 2) The OME is a little more expensive and I don't really wheel much with my WK. If I do start wheeling I will invest in the 4" lift and everything will need to be replaced anyway.
    good point... if i start seriously wheeling my WK ill be saving for a JBA 4" LOL
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

.......or buy another Wrangler or XJ. There are some impressive rigs on the market due to the economy. I've thought long and hard about buying a few really well built rigs for sale around St. Louis.
    2006 WK Laredo V6

2" RR Spacer Lift - F-150 Monroe Load Levelers - 265/65/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers - Very Custom Front Tow Hooks - 4XGuard Front Skid - Awesome Husky Floor Mats - K&N

My WK is in the shop as we speak having th efront struts replaced. I just received a call that the lower bolts will not break loose and they are concerned the bolts may break. If so, I will have to have lower control arms replaced. This is happening on both sides. They are currently soaking the bolts in hopes of breaking them free. Anyone else have this issue or know of a solution?
    2006 WK Laredo V6

I just got a call and they cannot get the bolts to free up on either side. Can someone shed some insight into this? I wouldn't have thought the front struts would be that difficult to replace. My WK does have 110k on the odometer and these are the stock struts.
    2006 WK Laredo V6

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Never seize the new bolts and you won't have that issue ever again. If you need new lower control arms get them from rockauto.com cheapest you'll find them. I wish I was there cause I'd get em out!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I was told lower control arms are another $350 each. That will not be happening! This was suppose to be an easy replacement.
    2006 WK Laredo V6

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information