Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HEMI Headers

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Check out the video on the flowmaster website for the 44.... its a hemi charger
    There is a youtube video out there with an XK with the 44 series I believe
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    So Ive got everything planned out, SRT8 long tube header kit with 3" mid pipes. The mid pipes are straight thru with no cats and I believe I will have issues with CELs, so Im ordering Magnaflow high flow cats to weld into mid pipes. Since this kit is made for an SRT8 Ill need a 3" y-pipe which Im also getting from magnaflow, this while allow me to use the current muffler I have. After the muffler there will be a str8 pipe deleting the rear resonator. Not sure when Ill be able to get everything bought and installed, however Ill have the cats and y pipe within the next mth. Let me know what you guys think, especially on running no cats, the SRT8 guys use a tuner to run no cats, not sure I want to run without cats..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    My 100% dead honest opinion is that you're doing a lot of work and money for mods that are going to get you minimal to no gains where you want/need them (low RPM) but some decent gains if you were taking your XK down the track. It's going to sound badass for sure.... but man, for an offroad truck you could put that money to much more applicable mods (CV axles, winch, etc).

With that off my chest....

With that said; The only part of your plan I really don't think is worthwhile is the magnaflow cats..... unless you're planning forced induction in the near future (which would be sweet... but then you'll really need upgraded axles! lol)

The total cost for this around $700, no where near CVs 2k. Ill never put a winch on my XK unless its behind the bumper and out of sight. I like a clean looking modded truck. As far as gains/hp, on paper it may not be much but keep in my I have a CAI, will be getting superchips before RC and then these mods. In the future an SRT8 intake manifold, tb, fuel rail and injectors will be going in, making this mod a necessity. Also, my CAI probably never increased my HP on paper, but she definitely accelerates better under normal and WOT conditions, better mpg and waaaaay better sound. If I werent getting the headers so cheap, $550 shipped, I wouldnt do it, high flow cats shipped Im getting for $140 and $35 y pipe.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

In my head I was seeing ~$1500 for everything you listed. $700 ain't bad, hell people almost spend that much for a bolt on cat-back.

I also pulled somewhat of a 'sal' last night. Finished working on my final exam (25+ hours of analysis) and needed a few hard drinks lol. So I was a bit blunted than normal! I love performance....hell I helped my buddy build a sick 10-second (ALL motor) camaro for racing super street where ever 1/2 HP increase matters. I just keep my love for high reving HP/speed mods separate from my off-road mods..... lol don't want to flip backwards going up a steep climb!!
    Last edited by Matt; 09-05-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Hahahaha I understand, I went into this build off doing both off roading and creating a Jeep that will shock people on the streets. I saw the bolt on magnaflow high flow cat/y pipe assembly, they want $675!!! for that and you wont see much from that. So looking at their "spun cat" high flow universal, Ill slap those right in between the straight mid pipes that come with the kit, giving me a 1 off kit that no XK has, which is my goal. Ultimately I plan on doing the SRT8 mods with a cam so Ill gain back what I lose in low RPM, which with the flashpaq I should be alright... Besides, who wouldnt want to hear my XK WOT in 4lo after this?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    .. Besides, who wouldnt want to hear my XK WOT in 4lo after this?!?!
    .....about those upgraded CV axles.....lol

So here is the mid pipes, cat and y pipe to show what I have planned...
    Cut out area in the mid pipe for cats to get welded in, utilizes stock 02 so no CEL

High flow cat OBDII

y pipe is needed to go into single inlet muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    .....about those upgraded CV axles.....lol
    Id rather pay $60 and replace one then 2k and be broke for awhile!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Id rather pay $60 and replace one then 2k and be broke for awhile!!!
    Lol was just making the connection:
    Modified Hemi + QDII + 4low + WOT = bye-bye-CV !

I would definitely add CVs to spare parts you should bring on wheeling trips after these mods.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information