Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transmission over temp warning.

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Told you!! You wouldn't have to pay for something you already paid for. You would only have to pay the $100 if you were trying to unlock it for a second vehicle.
    That's what tech support told me today. They said anytime you need it unlocked just give them a call and they will be happy to help. Takes about 5 minutes.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I stand corrected, they told me that if it is locked to a jeep because the dealership did an update to the pcm that I will have to pay. So who knows. Glad it worked out.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I stand corrected, they told me that if it is locked to a jeep because the dealership did an update to the pcm that I will have to pay. So who knows. Glad it worked out.
    I'm glad too! Next time just talk to corporate. That always seems to help me when i'm having a hard time with something.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    So I started getting this warning yesterday while driving, but no other codes or warning lights. And it even goes away and comes back, does anyone know if its all 06 models have the recall or just V6?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    So I started getting this warning yesterday while driving, but no other codes or warning lights. And it even goes away and comes back, does anyone know if its all 06 models have the recall or just V6?
    Mine is a 06 v8 and it was under a recall! Once the new PCM was in I've had no problems and this was around a year or so ago!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man, Ill have to drop it off and see what else they try and take from me..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Andrew

Have you checked transmission temp while your having this issue with your tuner? Just curious what the temp is when it comes on.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Recall only applied to the 4.7s.. So looks like I may have the sensor going bad

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Andrew

Have you checked transmission temp while your having this issue with your tuner? Just curious what the temp is when it comes on.
    No I havent but the Jeep wasnt even up to operating temp yet, highly doubt its actually over temp and there are no other warning lights.. Im going to restore factory tune before I do anything else and see what happens. Im hoping I can sell it soon so dont want to have to drop $400 on a solenoid pack when I have a bad sway bar link in the rear to replace already.. The bolt mus thave came loose and it completely stripped the threads on the bolt and is only half way connected, guess I found my noise in the rear

I was thinking of checking the levels today but has anyone confirmed the "correct" way to check it? I know some were saying cold, in neutral and other says warm neutral

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information