Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rebuilding Begins

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar

The Rebuilding Begins

Tomorrow I will hopefully pick up an almost exact duplicate of my old Commander Limited. The only two differences I can find between them is that the new one has a Hemi and the VES. The exact same color inside and out and this one looks factory fresh with no dings or modification that I can see. Now the challenge is to choose to do the same mods or to change the plan with this one. I am open to suggestions. I still have the same overall goal of making it an expedition vehicle. Therefore I will probably do another Aux gas tank for an additional 30 gallons of gas. I will need a rear tire carrier to be able to use the space for the tank. Any thoughts on the new tire carrier? I will probably swap out the third row of seats for a locking storage compartment again. That will probably require Superlift rear coils at least for the weight. I will get another locking console from Jon. What ideas do you guys have as to the front and rear bumpers for this one. I got to find another "Gold Miner" for the hood. Lift, spacers, and new tires?. This one has all the factory skid plates. I will need new lower side body protection, Jon? I have a feeling that Jon is about to get a big order....What other ideas do you guys have for a fresh canvas??

Here is a late picture of the "Lost Commander"

I have found a replacement for the Stacker that will need the graphic treatment and it will take awhile to replace the Coach. The new one will probably be 45 feet and have at least a 600 HP Diesel for pulling the Stacker. Still wish I could find my old vehicles, but they now could be anywhere. Need to focus on the future.
    Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 07-08-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Glad to see you getting the pieces picked up. I would get sliders and both bumpers from SA I can personally vouch for the rock sliders. You going for the 2" lift I would go OME HD not many choices for a 4" lift other than SL. His front wheel flares would look sweet to. I agree with the aux fuel tank I think you'll miss that option if you skipped it. Some wheels with a 5" back space or some spacers would look good. Maybe get a duel battery setup with a decent size inverter installed.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your new purchase, The way you got there sucks but the cool thing is at lest you know the Commander and you know what mods you really need and in which order to purchase them. When you are ready to start the build let me know and I will give you the best prices I can on Steel Armadillo and affiliate products. We have several new ones in the works as soon as the welder finishes the 6 sets of XK sliders I have ordered.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Thanks guys. I agree, the Steel Armadillo treatment. Two bumpers, sliders, maybe some additional skid plates, rear tire carrier, front wheel flares, maybe Jon can put in the Aux tanks and get one for himself at the same time. Go to school on yours and then do mine....I do not want more than a minimum lift because both the Mustang and the Commander need to fit in the new Stacker. Same limits as the old on height. I am thinking that it might be a $5,000 budget not counting wheels and tires.

Matt and all your east coasters that are sleeping...we need your ideas also. Maybe even think outside the box on items like the awning or roof system, but remember that I do not have much clearence in the Stacker

Jon, another thought. If I stay in California you might also think about doing some kind of laser cut logo on the pieces to generate some west coast sales if you do the entire set of mods. Just an idea, regular logos would work also.
    Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 07-08-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Member Looking for Dirt CT-riverrat's Avatar
    Glad your getting a replacement for your XK! I have RR lift and 1.5 spacers for sale, both still new in box if your interested.
    Since you got screwed with what happened I was asking 360 for both, I'll sell 'em to you for 300 plus actual shipping cost.
    07 5.7L, loaded, QDII, RR 2.25lift, Spider trax 1.5", Weston bull bar

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I would recommend a similar setup to what you had prior, but use the Old Man Emu HD coils up front this time. Stay with the Superlift rear coils for the extra weight of the rear bumper and aux fuel tank. Not that I own a Hemi, but I think you will be more than happy with your new setup. You will have the extra power now to get all that extra weight moving.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Glad you're getting re-started. I'll definitely provide some input.... just grabbing a quick read while the kids are waking up and we're heading out to the beach soon (i wish i got better service on my phone at the beach so I can read up)

Just an idea for up front... I'm dying for someone to try the KING coilovers. With everything you're adding on that would be ideal for fine tuning the ride height. You can get them custom made for 2-4" lift.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Do you know how much it may cost to get 4" King coilovers? I assume that in order for them to work, you'd also have to get the longer knuckles, diff drop, etc. from SL.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    Do you know how much it may cost to get 4" King coilovers? I assume that in order for them to work, you'd also have to get the longer knuckles, diff drop, etc. from SL.
    You run the coilovers just Like the OME or any other budget boost lift. Just don't want to go too far over 2".

Last quote I got was $1450 for standard 0-2" lift coilovers and $1700 for custom length.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information