Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Rebuilding Begins

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt wmjacobsjr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Your last XK was $43,000 and didn't have a HEMI?? Damn that's expensive. Looks like you found a real nice XK!!!
    Hemi added $950 to the price of Limited due to 4.7L being the base engine. I priced my 06 out as new when I got it in 09 and it was over $44,000 and Bill's has more than my Limited. What year is she Bill?

Bill, my friend I haven't been on in awhile and I was shocked and saddened at what happened. I am glad you got another one and it looks great!!!! I hope and pray everything works out for you.
    Old: 2007 Black XK Sport - Wrecked
    2006 Greystone Limited XK - Traded-in
    New: 2012 Dodge Charger R/T

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.
    Prof. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I spent the day with Bill yesterday. He is in good spirits and has a good attitude about everything. He will land on his feet!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's good to hear Jon. I wish I was closer and could help with something

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Huey;
    I'm wondering, how long to get your old plates back ??????

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1USMC View Post
    Huey;
    I'm wondering, how long to get your old plates back ??????
    I can answer that one for Bill, he can file for lost plates and get them right away IF he still wants to register in AZ.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I can answer that one for Bill, he can file for lost plates and get them right away IF he still wants to register in AZ.
    Even with his custom plates?? What if they were taken off his old XK and someone else has them on their car??
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    i don't know about Arizona, but in California, if you want to transfer plates from one vehicle to another, you have to bring both plates to the DMV so that they can physically see that they still exist, they first decommission them from the current vehicle then issue them to the new vehicle. i dont see how it could be possible to get another set of plates with the same plate number when there is another vehicle out there with those plates on them! suddenly those plates become meaningless? that doesnt make sense. otherwise, thats a good looking XK Huey. welcome to the HEMI club. i think you will love it. your XK sounds identical to mine except for the color
    2006 XK Limited 5.7L Deep Beryl Green, OME HD, Sahara Wheels, DiabloSport Intune Programer

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    In case anyone did not saee the update on the other Forum:

OK, Here is a little teaser mini version of what happened.

I do not think is is appropriate to give all the detail yet because of pending charges and other litigation.

Two people that were of tremendous help were Jon Knapp from here and Detective Jeff Phaffenbach from the fraud division of the Arizona department of Moptor Vehicles.

Jeff is also a Helicopter Pilot and went the extra mile several times to help me find and retrieve the vehicles.

After a few months of dead ends the break happened when the vehicles were sold / traded and my name was forged on the titles to do so. Detective Jeff had put a lock on all my titles after the Stacker was sold to an Auto Auction in Phoenix. Any transfers of any of the five vehicles would trigger a message on any DMV computer to call Jeff.

The second vehicle transfered illigally was the Coach. It was traded for another RV. Next the Jeep Commander was traded for another car and finally the golf cart was sold on consighment at a golf cart dealer.

The really great thing about the situation is that all the vehicles were retrieved in a non confrontational manner. We just picked them up from the new owners legally. They were all at businesses and not private parties.

The sad thing is that every different owner took there pound of flesh along the way. The stacker was stripped of all the interior upgrades. I even discovered that the new Michilin tires were swapped out for cheaper tires and both spares disappeared. I was told before we got the stacker that the graphics were removed. Fortunately that was only partially correct. The Huey is still on the back door. The two blue top Optima batteries were gone and a cheap used battery was there that would not even raise the lift.

I will spend several months slowly replacing equipment and things, but that is a small price to pay to get it all back. The really great thing about recovering them is that they were and are all paid for and clear. I really did not want to repurchase everything.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    I mentioned this on the "other" forum as well. I have been following your story and I am really glad things ended up working out the way they did. Personal items are difficult to replace but it is still great to have gotten the vehicles back. Karma will come around as it always does.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Im extremely late to this party. Sorry about all that you've had to endure, it really sucks but you've handled it like a champ. I only have one question. Since everything was recovered, including the Jeep, what are your plans for it? Selling it and starting over with the new one I presume.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information