Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
I was in 4LO both times. Once I drove out about 15 miles. The other time, it was about 90 miles home @50 mph. The QDII has a "limp mode" in the computer that is really nice!

I don't see spending $1000 each for CVs that, as Holaday says, would just make the new weak link more costly and inaccessible. I can buy a lot of $60 spares for $2000. Also, I didn't notice any difference between the OEM CV and the NAPA replacement, but the castings may not be the same quality. I wouldn't know.
I would rather have a cv that i would never have to worry about then breaking everytime i wheel the XK hard, lose out on wheeling time and figure out how im going to get my jeep home. The cv's on our vehicles are way too weak. That doesn't necessarily mean if you installed the RCV axles that you will now blow your front differential or transfer case because the cv is no longer the weak link.

I'm not sure what napa replacement you got but the one napa gave me is garbage. Just compare the boot between the napa and oem. My passenger side cv is the oem original with 109,325 miles on it and nothing wrong with it. The drivers side napa cv that has been on maybe 15,000 already is leaking from the boot and needs to be replaced. Keep in mind the only reason I have the napa cv is because I somehow managed to strip the threads on the original drivers cv when I swapped out the wheel bearing.