Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RCV Heavy Duty CV Axles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I never got around to calling RCV today, but we should look into seeing if they can make a stronger inner axle shaft that goes inside the passenger side extension housing off the differential.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I never got around to calling RCV today, but we should look into seeing if they can make a stronger inner axle shaft that goes inside the passenger side extension housing off the differential.
    Now your approaching SFA territory.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Now your approaching SFA territory.
    Yes and no. I think a SFA on our Jeeps is a little more involved then people think. I was under the XK a few weeks ago looking to see what all would be needed to do it. A big thing I noticed is that the entire front sub frame would need to be taken out. Well that would be the right way to do it. The problem is the engine mounts are connected to the sub frame. Once that's taken out you would need to make some custom engine mounts. With having a unibody the there is not much to weld to in that area so figuring that our would take some work. Then another issue is finding a place to mount a steering box and of course a custom front drive shaft which you could get made anywhere. I'd love to see this done but not sure that I'd want to be the first to attempt it.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information