Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: RCV Heavy Duty CV Axles

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Well the order is done and dusted, 2-3 weeks ill have them in the country.

Then we will see what these babies can do!
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
    Well the order is done and dusted, 2-3 weeks ill have them in the country.

Then we will see what these babies can do!
    Well if these expose a week spot in the axle like some are saying it will do I have no doubt you'll find it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Well if these expose a week spot in the axle like some are saying it will do I have no doubt you'll find it.
    I agree, so I am waiting to see what you think of them & how they hold up to your off road trips. If they get your seal approval then I'm all over it!!!!
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Funny, after reading this thread I recognized them. They are featured on the September issue of Diesel Power. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342141377.313765.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	1373
    07 WK Limited, 3.0 CRD, QDII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    I'm definately looking forward to a report! I don't worry so much about the T-case or the front locker as they are both clutches. It's the shafts and gears I suspect might go next.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I never got around to calling RCV today, but we should look into seeing if they can make a stronger inner axle shaft that goes inside the passenger side extension housing off the differential.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I never got around to calling RCV today, but we should look into seeing if they can make a stronger inner axle shaft that goes inside the passenger side extension housing off the differential.
    Now your approaching SFA territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Now your approaching SFA territory.
    Yes and no. I think a SFA on our Jeeps is a little more involved then people think. I was under the XK a few weeks ago looking to see what all would be needed to do it. A big thing I noticed is that the entire front sub frame would need to be taken out. Well that would be the right way to do it. The problem is the engine mounts are connected to the sub frame. Once that's taken out you would need to make some custom engine mounts. With having a unibody the there is not much to weld to in that area so figuring that our would take some work. Then another issue is finding a place to mount a steering box and of course a custom front drive shaft which you could get made anywhere. I'd love to see this done but not sure that I'd want to be the first to attempt it.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    And to make a SFA worth it up front, you'll want to do equivalent linkage in the rear to get articulation to match. Similar to what JBA started doing with their 6" lift on Chris's WK.

It's a project i would like to see someone tackle. It won't be me for at least 8-9 years though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    And to make a SFA worth it up front, you'll want to do equivalent linkage in the rear to get articulation to match. Similar to what JBA started doing with their 6" lift on Chris's WK.

It's a project i would like to see someone tackle. It won't be me for at least 8-9 years though.
    That is something that you could always worry about several months after the SFA is complete but you are correct. The rear wouldnt be that hard to do, but your talking even more $$. I can see an entire build for a SFA costing around $10,000 by the time you figure the rear end into the equation.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information