Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IOWA

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I just thought about it but if the RC lift is anything like my old 2 inch BDS spacer lift you won't need bump stop spacers. The actual lift spacer mounts on top of the cool and acts like a bump stop spacer pushing the bump stop down farther. I'm running bump stop spacers because I swapped out the spacer lift with longer coils and when initial installed you put the bump stop back in the factory location. But since the coils are longer you really need to add a bump stop spacer especially when running 33s
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    What diameter did you use?

Here's 2" spacer 3" diameter: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRA-BB02/
    and 2" spacer 2" diameter: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRA-MB02/
    I believe mine are 2 inch diameter. I'll measure the extra spacers tomorrow that I have in my garage. Either way it doesn't matter which diameter you go with. The cup for the bump stop was larger than my spacers in diameter and it would probably look better with a wider spacer.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Wondering if the 3" would be too large for the upper spring isolator to fit over. My aluminum rod is 3" diameter so it would be cool if I just have to slice a few pieces off and drill the hole, and not have to turn it down to 2.5 or 2" diameter.

Here is a pic of the bump stop spacer installed.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I think I'll wait till its lifted to flex it out and see if I will need to do anything to fit 285's.

I'm almost positive you will be ok with just the RC lift because it acts like a spacer.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Good to know, one less thing I have to worry about.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm rubbing my fenders real bad on the RC lift and 285's. Probably going to extend the bump stops as well.

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    I have the RC and I run 285/70. Only place I rub in the AC lines the run the the rear on the passenger side. That's only when I hit bumps though.
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I'm almost positive you will be ok with just the RC lift because it acts like a spacer.
    The RC spacer "cups" the bump stop mount and therefore doesn't lower it down as much. IIRC the bump stop is less than 1/2" lower than factory.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information