Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any southerners other than me?

Junior Member Looking for Dirt okiecommander's Avatar
    I have to wonder what in the world that GT was doing out there? Somebody with a lot more money than me. Just posted some pics in my Garage. Check'em out
    2007 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6
    2.25" RockyRoad Lift
    18" Rockstars (Black)
    WeatherTech Digital Fit
    Sylvania Ultras (Hi and Lo)
    20% Tint All Around

There was a medical conference there for a day or two. Several Porsche's, Bimmer's, and Mercedes in the parking lot. This dude just parked his junk in front of the door all day one day. Quite funny.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    hey there wrenchin - I'm here in Houston, TX (dirty side of the storm).....
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Sweet, someone else that resides in Hell, er, ummm Houston!!! Where do you go wheeling around here? And you must show me some pics of the Z4. And if you need some go fast goodies for it (other than what you have) let me know I have an account with Road Sport Supply so there are lots of things I can get...course I can also get lots of performance stuff for the commander. But I'm not a supporting vendor here, so I'll shut up now.

J

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I'm in Houston as well. Humble area.

hey sorry wrenchin, forgot about this thread! Brazos Valley Off Road Ranch is probably the closest to us. There are a few out near Marble Falls as well. I have not been to BVORR yet so might be a good day trip. Yeah when I get some time to pull my head out of my A** I'll send you a few pics of the Z and the XK. The Z was a fun build (it was a mess when I got it). Pushing 300 hp w 250 ft lb of torque....woo hoo! Not bad for a 2900 lb and change car.

I am curious - what kind of performance stuff for the Commander can you get? I am trying to get that motor to push 320 to 350 hp but at my witts end finding parts (headers, free flow cats, etc.) I guess I really would like the torque more than the HP when it comes right down to it. Anyway - damn fine to know there are other folks in the area who use these things as god intended!!!!

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

you need to contact these guys.
    http://www.krcperformance.com/

They carry lots of 4.7 parts for higher hp. I'm a hemi kinda guy as that's what I have the most experience with. There are camshafts available which are their midrange cams that offer 30 to 40 hp with a tune, 20 hp without a tune. There are also cold air intakes which will help and sullivan makes an intake and there is adapter plates to use to bolt and eaton m112 blower to your truck. Check it out here http://www.airram.com/parts.php?categoryid=855 That would be all the torque you ever need. Of course it's all in how much you're willing to spend and how much time you want to take to do the research. I'll help where I can, but 4.7 are a grey area for me.

Justin

Pretty sweet gear Justin thanks! I will be calling these guys!

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    too bad crzycajn isnt here.........he should be.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Hey, I also live in this sauna we call houston lol. I usually just go offroading wherever there is mud or a future trail to be

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information