Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5.7L Hemi Muffler

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Is that the 50 series HD or Delta Flow?

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

lol it was actually hard to hear it in that video. Maybe someday when I have my pickup truck again and the XK isn't the family hauler for long trips.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just had a chance to listen to the video... that sounds pretty good, i like it.

When you say "you can hear when MDS comes on"... how so? What does it sound like?

And im going to hear that in person on the 11th right? A good exhaust may make some obstacles "look" better just by having the big 5.7L sound as im hitting the gas..... lol might give me a reason to drop my muffler on a rock by "accident" hahaha
    Its the 50 series. And yes as of right now Ill be attending the trip on the 11th. When the MDS comes on it sounds like its going into another gear, very low drone but quiet, you wont hear it unless you are listening for it. Its pretty funny actually.. When Im WOT people look at me 2 ways, crazy and what does he got under that hood?!?! HAHA

My only worry for the 11th is I may not have $$ or time for belly skid which concerns me after watching your videos, may have to stick to the lighter stuff with my rig..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

There's a few different "50 series".... there's the 50 Series Big Block, Super 50 Series, 50 Series Delta Flow and 50 Series HD, 50 series 4x8, 50 series 3x10..... Do you know which PN you got?

You'll be alright without the bellyskid. My friend doesn't have it on his WK yet either and has been there the past 3 times with me. I'll let you know what trails to avoid.

Im not sure cause I bought it with it already on and was told 50 series but I just measures it and the measurements based off their website says it would be 50 Delta Flow..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Ah yeah... forgot that you got it that way.

Thanks for measuring it for me! Figured it was the Delta or the HD..

Yea what I figured to, I bet you will like it, my Dad likes it and he is not a fan of hearing it when you dont want to but enjoys the sound when the time is right. Like I said I want it to be louder and will putting a straight pipe from muffler.. As for the 11th I believe 07JeepXK and I will be making the trip since we live close by, will be nice meeting everyone.. Im 99% sure we are wheeling at Whispering Pines the weekend of July 28th if you want to make a trip up..

Hey... lol i may sound like an old man but im only 28 (just for the record). hahaha you kinda got me with the "my dad likes it" part.

I'm busy the weekend of the 28th but thanks for the invite. Glad to see this group getting out wheeling though

HAHAHA I was just using him as an example, I know with families last thing you want is a loud exhaust. Im 26 with alot of child left in me haha..

Whispering Pines is 35 mins from me and an hr from him so we will be hitting that trail quite often so Im sure there will be a weekend you're free to ride thru

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information