Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extended bump stops

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
    Do the 2" bump stops completely replace the factory ones or do you stack them? The hole for the M10 bolt is factory and not something I'll have to drill right?

Off to the BDS website...
    Nope, unbolt and add the extension between the body and the existing bump stop cup. Hole is there already.
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I disconnect my sway bar. Actually I'm currently not running the sway bar because I bent the links.

The bump stops press into a plate that's bolted to the body. I'm just making a spacer to move that plate down lower and therefore need a longer bolt. Very simple mod. I'm actually making it more complicated just because I have some spare aluminum and access to a lathe/mill/drill machine that's in my buddies garage next to his beer fridge lol.
    Thats the way!
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Took some measurements today.... looks like 3" diameter is actually perfect for the spacer.

I couldn't really get in there to measure how big of a spacer i'd need, so I may start with 2".

Seems like those 3" diameter x 2" high body pucks make this a really cheap/easy $10 mod for people.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Front yard wheelin'

Best part is that my neighbors just smile and wave now..... took them a few years to get used to me lol

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    I'm running THESE Zone offroad bump stop extensions in the 2" version on my WK with an OME MD lift and 285/70/17 BFG AT's....These have worked perfectly in preventing the fender lip from slicing up my tires. I did experience some very minor rubbing (didn't even leave a mark on the tire) at the forward most fender lip near the rear door on my last excursion, now that I folded that over last night I should be 100% rub free

Cool i didn't even realize Zone had that. Basically two body lift pucks and bolts.

I ended up just ordering the Performance Accessories BB02 spacers for $10. They came in today, just need an hour or so of nice weather to throw them on. Maybe tomorrow morning.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Cool i didn't even realize Zone had that. Basically two body lift pucks and bolts.

I ended up just ordering the Performance Accessories BB02 spacers for $10. They came in today, just need an hour or so of nice weather to throw them on. Maybe tomorrow morning.
    Those look nice and solid as well, it should work out perfectly

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Need to get off my butt and get this done as well along with some other stuff I'm behind on.

Was a bit busier today than expected. Maybe i'll take care of this tomorrow when we're done at my parents house (taking the kids swimming)..... lol it'll be a good excuse to procrastinate doing homework

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information