Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCCommander's Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Hmm sounds nothing like my flowmaster. From the sound I was guessing you had the v6
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt NCCommander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Hmm sounds nothing like my flowmaster. From the sound I was guessing you had the v6
    It sounds a little more like a v8 in person, the video doesnt make it sound very good :/

Also luckily its not the 6cyl, coming from a sports car to the 4.7 was bad enough. Chrysler and their torque management makes me want to punt baby seals at times....
    2006 Jeep Commander
    4.7, QTII, 2'' RC, 245/75/17 Duratracs, Black Rock 908B wheels, 35% tint, Magnaflow exhaust, Navigator offroad lights

Member Looking for Dirt T1RKaZz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCommander View Post
    It sounds a little more like a v8 in person, the video doesnt make it sound very good :/

Also luckily its not the 6cyl, coming from a sports car to the 4.7 was bad enough. Chrysler and their torque management makes me want to punt baby seals at times....
    Amen

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

So the Commander took the back burner for a bit due to some budget cutbacks....however im going hit up Harbor Freight this week and start to work on a light bar. With any luck im hoping to have it all complete for around $100.

Id also like to get some recovery shackles since i lack them on the front or rear currently.

Also if funds permit, hoping to pick these up after Christmas. Thoughts?
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/92613_2020_07.htm
    Last edited by NCCommander; 11-19-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    2006 Jeep Commander
    4.7, QTII, 2'' RC, 245/75/17 Duratracs, Black Rock 908B wheels, 35% tint, Magnaflow exhaust, Navigator offroad lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Check with adam.... I think you need 1/4" spacers up front for the black rocks because the hit the calipers.

I have the Black Rock 997 steel wheels with the same specs and needed 1/4 inch spacers up front to clear the front caliper brackets. Those might need the spacers too.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 11-19-2012 at 04:43 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Check with adam.... I think you need 1/4" spacers up front for the black rocks because the hit the calipers.
    Ill check with him, with a 0mm offset and 4.5'' backspacing it shouldnt. I know theres at least 1 WK on Jeepforum running them without spacers....
    I have the Black Rock 997 steel wheels with the same specs and needed 1/4 inch spacers up front to clear the front caliper brackets. Those might need the spacers too.
    Im guessing youre Adam haha
    Ill just have to test fit one before i mount a tire on them and see....
    2006 Jeep Commander

Quote Originally Posted by NCCommander View Post
    Ill check with him, with a 0mm offset and 4.5'' backspacing it shouldnt. I know theres at least 1 WK on Jeepforum running them without spacers....

Im guessing youre Adam haha
    Ill just have to test fit one before i mount a tire on them and see....
    Haha yes I'm Adam. My Black Rock wheels are also 17x8 with 0mm offset / 4.5 inches of back spacing and they wouldn't clear. But I would definitely try one out first because I've noticed that the steel wheels are the ones with clearance issues. So you might be fine

Haha yes I'm Adam. My Black Rock wheels are also 17x8 with 0mm offset / 4.5 inches of back spacing and they wouldn't clear. But I would definitely try one out first because I've noticed that the steel wheels are the ones with clearance issues. So you might be fine
    Yeah these are alloy so hopefully theyll clear without an issue.
    2006 Jeep Commander

Looking at the picture, it seems where the wheel mounts to the rotor/wheel bearing assembly is deeper then my black rocks. If you look the lug nuts go farther into the wheel. That would make a huge difference making 1/4 inch wheel spacers not needed

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information