Thread: DTC's P1006 and P1016 today

DTC's P1006 and P1016 today

The P1006 is EGR/EVAP Solenoid Circ Low

The P1016 is Charge Air Temp Circ Low

Other than knowing what they are I have no clue what to test. Matt if you could find some TS for this that would be great or if anyone else has expenienced these codes and has some insight.

I think the Jeep is mad at me because I looked at a RAM 1500 today (My wife took my RAM I bought for myself.......I see a pattern here.....)

Thanks
    Old: 2006 Base, 4.7L, QT-II
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I don't know the answer to your question. But when did they make a HEMI Commander with QT II. Unless I knew that and just forgot!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I just got done doing some HW and will look them up. Eyes are kind of blurry from messing around with matlab code so im probably not going to edit as nicely as i've done in other threads

FYI you can download the 05 WK service manual here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24438380/2005-WK-SM.pdf

Then hit Control-F to bring up the search, and type in the DTC to jump straight to the code page

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You sure those are the right codes?

Those are indeed the codes.......... I can't find much on the internet pertaining to them. I am going to grab a scan tool from work tomorrow and do an indepth read. I hope it was just a glitch somewhere in the OBD system.
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question. But when did they make a HEMI Commander with QT II. Unless I knew that and just forgot!
    You new that and just forgot.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    You new that and just forgot.
    I think you are correct. I remember looking at 2010's at the Jeep Dealer that were only QT II
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I didn't know they had QT-II until I bought it. I was hoping HEMI = QD-II but it was an option for 2010. I think it was standard on the Limited. As for the DTC's, I reset them and am waiting for them to come back.... Forgot to go into work and grab the scan tool today, my brain is on holidays too.

So the scan tool didn't really shed any light on the problem. All sensors are functioning OK and nothing seems out of order. So it's intermittent and my scan tool wont allow me to actuate any system functions. Will wait and see what turns up.

Thread Information