Thread: MPG updates

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    245 miles each over the weekend got 13.9 mpg flashpaq 91 W/MDS on

for 2 days of straght of wheeling 1 tank of gas @ 8.2 MPG

had a blast
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Took my parents (2) and sister's family (2 1/2) to the state fair, way there got 15.4 on 89 Sunoco, way back was heavier on the foot got 14.1..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    I think we have different definitions of "city" driving. And also when you "correct" for your tire size with a programmer it is probably still wrong.. Tire dimensions vary by a huge amount between mfr's of the same size. I corrected for my tire size with the diablosport intune and it was still not right after being verified by gps..I get an honest 8.9 to 10.5 miles per gallon in the city without even having a heavy foot. I live where there are stop signs or red lights at every city block, not just the ocasional stop and 30mph cruise. It just too much weight to be throwing around constantly lol..
    However, I did see some improvement after custom tuning the car. I have the stoich AFR set a bit leaner with a bit more timing added in light load areas, mds hangs in a bit longer then normal (aka stays active up to a lower vacum limit), and I was also able to modify the shift points going up to 3rd gear for all throttle settings as well as downshifts too. Combine this with 40psi of pressure in the tires I was able to finally get what I thought was "acceptable" mileage on the highway.. I drove from Philadelphia to Outer Banks and had an average of 16.3 with a turtle shell on the roof before I hit the sand, and I would consider that 60% highway. After that I went from Philadelphia to Allentown ~80 miles each way and got 16.9 going north and 18.0 going south trying to conserve fuel for the most part.
    Specs on the commander are 3 row seating,2006 limited Hemi stock ride height with surefoot pandas, AFE intake, MBRP 3" exhaust, and a custom tune I did.
    The best part is, I was towing my friends Volvo XC90 6 miles through the sand @OBX in 4wd low and was getting 3.4 miles per gallon doing about 15mph.. The jeep performed flawlessly on the sand aside from my blown out shocks and struts.. I really need to decide what to put on as far as a lift goes...

Made the trip to Pittsburgh and back to watch a great victory!!! Avg'd 15.6 on the way down Sunoco 89 and 15.9 on Giant/Eagle Value gas, very surprising. Didnt know the area so I didnt want to go to far without getting gas. I just got the DiabloSport Intune so Ill be updating what that does for me..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Made the move yesterday in the am, was moving pretty good about 80-85 and with the new tune on Sunoco 91 I avg 16.4!!! I will update on how my city mileage works out but Im assuming if I were going normal speeds, 70-75 Id be at 17 or above.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information