Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: Core XK's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    They sell it any any auto parts store, normally they have small single use packets at the register at autozone for like 2 bucks.. or you can buy a couple ounces for a few more bucks..

Then yea put it in the connector to "insulate" the connections from water.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    So the flap doors for the fog lights fell off while driving and completely exposed. To top it off....its raining.

Any suggestions? I am sure ill now have electrical issues with the fog lights?....

Pissed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I had my XK in a creek up to the headlights a few years ago and no electrical issues here!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Well you guys have made me feel better lol thanks

2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    I removed the entire plastic wheel well liner a couple years ago. I've had no issues with electrics, even though most Houston wheeling is straight mud boggin' lol.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Hold on, won't dielectric grease in a fitting with 2 or more connections (such as a light socket with a positive and negative next to each other on the same plug) potentially create a short?????????

This works on spark plugs because the head is the ground circuit, but for a light bulb, positive and negative are right next to each other and if the grease bridges the gap, you have a short.
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Matt - it's all you, can you provide persuasive reasons to either go with RRO or JBA for the front upper control arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    RROs are working fine so far and they look great painted. Have not wheeled with them yet though. Matt knows more about them since he had them longer.

2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
    Hold on, won't dielectric grease in a fitting with 2 or more connections (such as a light socket with a positive and negative next to each other on the same plug) potentially create a short?????????

This works on spark plugs because the head is the ground circuit, but for a light bulb, positive and negative are right next to each other and if the grease bridges the gap, you have a short.
    Dielectric grease is a non-conductive, it just seals out the bad stuff, so as long as each connection still gets mated correctly there won't be any problems.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
    Matt - it's all you, can you provide persuasive reasons to either go with RRO or JBA for the front upper control arms?
    RRO uses Liberty bushings. ... technically a downgrade from stock. That alone is reason for me not to spend good $$$ on them and pay a few bucks more for JBA (I gave Corey a sweet deal and he's not planning on beating them up offroad as much as me).

In addition I found RROs quality control to be sub-par. My first set of control arm bushings separated on me in less than a year and resulted in metal on metal grinding. They "hand picked" a replacement set to send me (after many emails back and forth) and although "better", they were not made to proper oem arm width like JBA. See more here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/u...ba-rro-2011945

And Jacob beat me to it, dielectric grease is not conductive.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    JBA for the win! I've had mine installed over two years now and not a single issue.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Dielectric grease is a non-conductive, it just seals out the bad stuff, so as long as each connection still gets mated correctly there won't be any problems.
    That explains why it is a non-issue! What's the conductive stuff called?

Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread Information