Thread: Time for a road trip

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Cool Time for a road trip

Many of you know I normally take August off for vacation and get out of the hot Arizona summers. Well The Ultimate Jeep Summit was in May this year so I need someplace to go.... I knew someone would suggest that but no, we are taking a 2,500 - 3,000 mike road trip through Nevada, Oregon and the California Coastline.

Our mission is to find as many cool places to stop and see along the way as time allows and visit family in half a dozen cities as we travel.

One rule: No fast food or chain restaurants, we will be stopping at unique food spots all along the way and blogging about it as we go. We have picked several from the food network and are open to suggestions.

Our blog can be found at www.jonandjanet.com/wordpress if you want to join us and read about our adventure and see the many photos we take along the way.

If you are on the route and want to meet up let us know and we will see what we can fit in. We will be in Vegas on the 15th and then on to Reno and into Oregon, plan on some white water rafting and a animal safari in Oregon. Some whale watching in California and who knows what else.
    Last edited by Knappster; 08-10-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Enjoy your trip
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Enjoy your trip
    Thanks, wish we had time to run up into Washington again but that trip will have to be another time.

We are going to see if we can pick up some retirement property in Southern Oregon when we are in that area, looking for 5 to 10 acres.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Sounds like fun man! I'll be following along.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    You should have made a road trip out to the east!! Rausch Creek this weekend..
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    You should have made a road trip out to the east!! Rausch Creek this weekend..
    One day I will make a point of doing that!

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Adam read my mind! I was going to post that.....

Off topic, but Jon if you're ever interested in making a trip out to the east coast; maybe for an East Coast Summit (which has great potential with all the new interest we've had), we can always work something out where you fly out and ride along. I'm sure a lot of us on this coast would enjoy meeting you as well.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Off topic, but Jon if you're ever interested in making a trip out to the east coast; maybe for an East Coast Summit (which has great potential with all the new interest we've had), we can always work something out where you fly out and ride along. I'm sure a lot of us on this coast would enjoy meeting you as well.
    x2

And I hope you have a good trip. I would really like to take a trip like this someday soon.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Have a great trip!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

That is a GREAT idea, Maybe the 2013 Summit depending on the dates selected.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Thread Information