OK I know this isn't a JK forum but I have been interested in getting a 4 door and putting a lift and 35's on it for some mild trail riding. Since we are somewhat close to Uwharrie NP it would be cool to go there on the weekends and do some trail riding. We have a daughter with special needs and we think she would have a blast riding the trails and camping as well.

My question is out of all the places to get lift kits from and wheel and tires, what are the better more respectable ones to purchase from?

Also what reading I have done it is a toss up as to getting one that has an automatic transmission over the standard for easier control, makes sense what are your thoughts?

I would guess it would be best to get a Rubicon since it would already have the better axle setups, or would it be better to find a stripped model and built it accordingly? I would think the cost would be a little higher to build but the quality would be better, correct?

I know before the new engine came out the power was not that great. Is there mods to the older power plants that could really help, or is there no help for them at all.

The only way I can get a JK is if I sell my 65 impala SS. The wife pretty much made that clear. I understand as well since we don't make the $$ to be able to have both. The JK would get used more. The impala sits in the garage more than getting used since I'm concerned on damage if we went some where with it due to others carelessness. Not to mention the insurance I have on it limits me as to when and how I can drive it. We also live so far away, an hour drive to most cities close that have cruise-in's that it makes it a pain to enjoy them.

If I had a son I wouldn't even consider this, but with twin girls and neither having any interest in automobiles, unless down the road I happen to get a son-in-law that is a motor head and could appreciate the impala, it would not get the care and love it deserves. LOL

So what do you guys think?

Thanks!