Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCV axle installation

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks for the info. while doing the axles I installed the RRO upper control arms, Took it in this morning for an alignment. They just called and said it was spot on. If I hear it again I will try reseating everything.
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Nice write-up. I'll be waiting for more off-road feedback.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Just a little HiJack but on Topic.

Got my RCV's on Friday, and yep they are heavy.

Thats a generic aftermarket below the RCV's, and a stock shaft under that.

RCV shaft thickness 32.7mm
    Aftermarket thickness 27.85mm
    Stock Shaft thickness 29.75mm

Weight will have to wait until i can get some batteries for the scales

And here some real telling details.

Now my angle gauge is plastic and has more welding spatter holes than i care to comment on, but the angles available are a massive difference even if they are off by a couple. The aftermarket shaft at max angle is not entirely correct as it couldn't maintain that angle when turned but the RCV could. I didnt have any complete factory shafts, but from memory they are very similar to the aftermarket ones when i compared them.

Hoping to have them in with everything else next weekend, and then give them a workout on the 1st September!

Dave
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    great info!! cant wait to see how they hold up

Member Looking for Dirt
    Awesome thanks
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

How are the control arms and axles holding up for you guys??

Hey Matt,

Ive had no issues with either. And with the front and rear driveshafts both being upgraded as well now i'm able to give it some stick when needed.

No noises or vibes from the CV's at all (and they sent me some cool shirts, beanies and flags as well!), and the UCA's are still in top nick, no noises and i can align the front to better than stock.

They have stood up to being bounced on 35's with hard throttle, and climbing rock walls with lots of load on large angles.

Im happy

Dave
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Glad to hear that! I just put my RRO arms last weekend, aligned nicely. I ended up getting different dust boots because I didnt like how they doubled them up.

Yeah ive got to do the same for mine, the doubled boots arent working against the mud!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information