Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Steel Armadillo Super Sliders finally installed !!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar

My Steel Armadillo Super Sliders finally installed !!!

I received my Steel Armadillo Super Sliders around the end of February , or the 1st of March time frame.

I finally finished installing them, not bad considering how long it normally takes me to finish a project!

The installation went fairly well ( for me!!). I did have one hole I drilled on the front outside passage side that didn’t turn out as well as I would have liked and I didn’t trust the tightness of my Nutsert. Sooo I had a friend weld that attachment point and while the beer was still cold, weld the other three “ outside” attachment points. I then ground the welds and put some seam sealant on them, rattle can and undercoated the areas.

Not sure how well this will work in the long run, but.. I will find out.

I think my welds will work out to be much stronger..

.........Rear.........

..........Front .......

Ever since I saw these rock sliders I have wondered how or if the factory rocker covers could be reused/reattached to give it a cleaner look. It would also keep my Better Half happier and when she is happy… well you all know the rest....yes , I get more time to work on my Commander.

So I learned, at least the way I removed them, that I would not be able to reuse them as I had busted most of the plastic “clips”. I was able to use the old covers as a template to experiment with. I tried one that wrapped around the slider (minus the step/logo area), left side, and one that was only perpendicular to the slider and only covered the ends, right side. I ended up going with the latter.
    I did get a good deal on a pair of new rocker covers and just measured my old one and cut from its dimensions. Both sides are identical ( but opposite ?). Now I will have to see how long my mud flaps survive !!

While taking these photos I noticed this “ Shadow” (and no not my fingers on my camera).. Thought it looked pretty sharp..

Last edited by 1USMC; 08-12-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Finished product ..

Of course I have to give credit to my helpers !!

Last edited by 1USMC; 08-11-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4"¯ Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    That looks great, I received a phone call today from a customer who was having some difficulties and I think I will refer him to this thread.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Looks bro! The front can be picky if you don't set it up correctly. Marking your holes with weight of the jeep on them worked great on my two installs

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Looks good!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Looks bro! The front can be picky if you don't set it up correctly. Marking your holes with weight of the jeep on them worked great on my two installs
    That would have probably helped, I was just slightly off my mark on the front one to feel totally comfortable with it. And Yep the front is picky.

I'm happy I now have them installed and am looking forward to using the extra clearance and protection they provide !!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    You'll love them I beat the snot out of mine.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    looking great
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Member Looking for Dirt madrock's Avatar
    Very nice looking rig!
    2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4x4

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Looks great! Ive been wondering how to make these work while retaining the stock look.. I like what youve done with stock rockers, if you could post how many inches you trimmed off of the, Id like to steal you mod!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information