Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/2" Spacers for rear suspension.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Here's what they look like:

A shot installed with the suspension jacked up to fully compress the spring (as must as it could go anyways)

..... And Corey's set ready to go on tomorrow:

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Damnit!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Does the spacer sit tight around the spring perch? I ask because the inner hole looks kind of large. Also it looks like we might need some longer bump stop spacers now. If the spring is fully compressed and its not hitting the bump stop then ill rip my flares right off...
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Does the spacer sit tight around the spring perch? I ask because the inner hole looks kind of large. Also it looks like we might need some longer bump stop spacers now. If the spring is fully compressed and its not hitting the bump stop then ill rip my flares right off...
    It sits at the edge of the radius on the lower spring perch. For it to move one side would have to ride up the radius (which can't happen with the weight on it).

You don't need longer bump stops. Adding the spacer doesn't negate the relationship between axle and body that you have now... in other words its impossible that adding this spacer in would result in more upwards travel of your suspension. The reason my bump stop isnt hitting is because I was in my driveway so the suspension cant fully flex. If my front was up on an incline so more weight was back there, the bump stop would hit like normal.

The lower perch has a significant radius to it:

That makes sense. I'm still having slight rubbing full flex though with the 3'3's. I wish they made those pucks we used for the bump stop spacers in a 2.25 inch tall. That would stop my rubbing completely.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I just snapped this pic to show how the size of the spacer is the same size as the base of the isolator (minus the radius). Some of the other pics make the hole look much bigger due to the taper of the "tube" section of the isolator.

That that I'm picky, or even care because I know this will work perfect, but would it have hurt to make the outer diameter a little larger?

It wouldn't have hurt at all.... except that i was pushing my hand drill to its limits with a 5.25" hole saw lol. I could only cut 3-4 out at a time before burning the battery up. It also wouldn't really "help" anything either. They extend beyond where the spring sits.

Ok guys, just finished installing Corey's set. I'll have 4 more sets done tomorrow that I can ship out Monday.

Right now I have Adam and Andrew lined up, so there's two more sets up for grabs. They'll be sent based on order of PM's.

It only takes 2 days to get more material... so if everyone on that list PM's me, I'll just have to send the other sets later in the week after I get more material in.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information