Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diff covers/skid plates

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar

Diff covers/skid plates

Ive been doing some research on diff covers/skid plates and there seem to be a few options.. As everyone knows the 4xguard seems to be the most common, has anyone used or suggests a different one?? It looks like Superlift makes one as well, just looking for options... There seem to alot of nice diff covers available to but do these supply any more protection over stock cover? I love the look of the America Rebel Outlaw cover.. jeep4x4center.com has alot of options both covers, skids and guards. Looking to purchase one next mth so just looking at options and opinions.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    4xG, superlift, or wait for Steel Armadillo, pretty much the only options available for QD2.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Any different for QTII? I just ordered the 10 bolt diff. guard, and I plan to get the mopar OEMs for x-mas as well as the 4x belly guard but I am open to different ones as well
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

so basically all these that are advertised are for every Commander except the QDII guys?!?! great!! hahaha I knew about superlifts and 4xguard but want something different, oh well..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

QT2 (10 bolt cover) I'm pretty sure there are a few options for a solid steel cover, I can't remember who makes them, but I know they are out there. It might also be sold as a 8.25 Corporate axle (I think please verify before purchasing I'm on too crappy of internet to research so going from memory)

QD2 is also a 8.25 axle (or whatever is the correct measurement see above..) but it's 12 bolts instead of 10 to allow for the electronic slip solenoid inside the housing.

For everything else besides the diff covers the skids are the same on all XK's regardless of year or options.

There was a guy on facebook that was planning to make both QT2 and QD2 steel diff covers, I even sent him an outline of the OEM QD2 cover so he's have a template to work off of, but I never heard anything back from him after giving him the drawings.. I didn't really push the issue because I was in the middle of my cross country move.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Yeah new innovative skids would always be nice but I think the existing ones do the job for not too much of a hurt on the pocket. I think I am looking at 325-350 for the OEM Gas Tank/Transfer Case/Susp. skids
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

There is one made by Mopar but its the same exact design as 4xguard so it doesnt make sense to spend the increased charge.. I wish that there were more covers available, a nice looking cover really sets off the rear appearance of our lifted rigs... Oh well, 4xguard it is!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Wasn't Jon having some stuff water jetted a week or two ago? Wondering how that went.

Nothing beats having parts designed/manufactured by fellow enthusiasts. .... you know they care just as much as you do!

Agreed, I just want something different thats all, but I cant wait for something new to come out to buy something, next Rausch creek trip Ill have every skid available minus front 4xguard and sliders..

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information