Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Diff covers/skid plates

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I wonder how their sales of the 10-bolt version are... they should be able to base expected profit on those figures (as a percentage of QDII volume compared to the other diffs)
    The 10 bolt is still in production and will be done in 2 weeks. The first one off the line will be sent to me!!!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Ah i didnt realize it wasnt out yet.

In that case.... it might be better to just show them how many people have the 4XG cover and/or want it because there aren't any other options.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Or we get a bunch of QT I and QT II guys to buy the ten bolt and have QD II guys keep calling and asking about the 12 bolt cover and I bet they will make it
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I wonder how their sales of the 10-bolt version are... they should be able to base expected profit on those figures (as a percentage of QDII volume compared to the other diffs)
    I think too Matt that the 10 bolt cover is probably listed as an 8.25. At least mine was on Solid's website. It said it was for an 8.25 and I only paid $84 for it.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    So heres the deal, I spoke with the owner last night, he said it costs the company $6500 just to make the mold plus the cost of each mold to produce a 12 bolt. I sent them pics of the 12 bolt diff since they didnt know one even existed, so they can compare to 10 bolt to see if they can creat a 12 bolt with just a modified mold. We talked for about 10 mins and I kept telling him there are alot of enthusiasts of this forum and a few on the other that would probably buy the diff cover within the first month of production and I dont think Im wrong on that. I suppose to call him back this afternoon/evening to see what he thinks, if he says no we may have a get a group together to keep calling on a 12 bolt everyday!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Does he have an email address? I'd email him a justification why Id prefer this cover and even send him some pics.... like my leaking diff and now the pics of the damage on the bottom of the diff from scraping on rocks, but no more leaking.

Here's the email address I have for them, [email protected] .. Shes the sales manager but she will forward to Juan the owner. Make sure to mention this is a topic of discussion on the forum and the interest. Appreciate the help!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Cool....ill send them something tonight!

They should get us all to out the 12 bolt covers on and beat them up at Rausch in Oct!

Cool....ill send them something tonight!

They should get us all to out the 12 bolt covers on and beat them up at Rausch in Oct!
    hahaha he said process takes about 2 mth, so darn if this does work out looks like we have to go back to Rausch in Nov/Dec

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    I am regretting getting the 4xG now lol....

EDIT: although the silver matches the shocks and XK paint ;O
    Last edited by Core XK; 08-28-2012 at 06:00 AM.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information