Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Powertrax No-Slip Locker

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

Powertrax No-Slip Locker

Well it sounds like the selling of my XK to my brother got pushed back or might not even happen now (he wasn't able to produce the cash like he said he was going to). So until he comes up with the money or I find the perfect Hemi XK and trade mine in for, i'll continue to build the current XK. I was doing a lot of thinking when I was replacing my bent diff cover last week after the Rausch Creek trip. I had a Ford Ranger that I installed a Powertrax no-slip lock in the rear and it was amazing...and cheap! Powertrax lists a No-slip locker for the Commander with 29 spline axle shafts. Very easy install which I can do in about 2 hours. I'm going to order one at the end of next week and be the guniea pig on the install in a Commander (I believe no one has one installed at this time or even tried). If it doesnt work with our rear axles for some reason, ill just sell it on craigslist or ebay and lose a few $$. No big deal. What are your thoughts? Oh and keep your eye out for a mint steel blue metallic hemi XK!!!!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I've got a red one I'll sell you. I think I'm going to switch over to a diesel and trail only rig.

Good luck on the locker though, I'm sure a lot of guys would follow in your footsteps if it works out.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I've got a red one I'll sell you. I think I'm going to switch over to a diesel and trail only rig.

Good luck on the locker though, I'm sure a lot of guys would follow in your footsteps if it works out.
    Sad to hear it didn't go through as planned but it all happens for one reason or another. I will keep an eye out for commanders online as I have an addiction of looking at them anyway....

I would definitely be interested in that locker down the road if it works well :P
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Damn that sucks!! Sounds like you have a good plan here tho and if its cheap enough why not, you already have your XK built pretty nicely, getting lockers and fixing tcase and you'll be much better off than you are now
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-...#resultsPage=2

Not sure if this link will work for you but I can't view the images in work lol
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I had the powertrax lock-right in my explorer. That thing was amazing off-road but chattered like hell around turns lol.

Easy install for sure. But they're $450+ now? I remember paying $300ish for mine. At almost the $500 mark I'd probably look for a full carrier. Isn't there an ARB that works?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Yeah I should have known when my brother said he would give me cash. Oh well, like you said I have a nice rig built already. With a new/use tcase and rear locker I'll be back in the game. If the locker does fit/work for out axles I should only lose out on a little money. It's worth the try.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 08-22-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Yeah I should have know when my brother said he would give me cash. Oh well, like you said I have a nice rig built already. With a new/use tcase and rear locker I'll be back in the game. If the locker does fit/work for out axles I should only lose out on a little money. It's worth the try.
    I agree and you have done a lot to your XK so far and its a beast ;p
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    We could always do that Cummins diesel inline 6 swap, RCVs, front/rear lockers and SFA to this one!?!?!

Wouldnt need RCVs for SFA, my bad
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    ARB does make a locker and a few others as well but there pricey. 4.7 has left over HP on the trail so it's the QD that's the appeal IMO I'd take a 4.7 with lockers over the hemi with QD but that's just me I guess.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information