Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Powertrax No-Slip Locker

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    If I'm at home I'll be there. If I'm stuck on the road I'll try to get something close and at least show up that's all I can promise.
    We're like 12 year olds dude.... all I see above is "i can promise i'll be there"

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Haha I like how this thread has gone in so many different directions. But it doesnt matter because it will end with pictures of the powertrax no-slip installed in the rear of the XK!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

It's funny because I see that a thread has a new post, and when i click on it I never know what to expect! lol

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    A bunch of dudes with OCD mixed with some ADD

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I had the powertrax lock-right in my explorer. That thing was amazing off-road but chattered like hell around turns lol.

Easy install for sure. But they're $450+ now? I remember paying $300ish for mine. At almost the $500 mark I'd probably look for a full carrier. Isn't there an ARB that works?
    for a lunch box locker? Seems a little pricey to me too
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    for a lunch box locker? Seems a little pricey to me too
    Not really because the only other lockerr that can be installed in the XK is an ARB. Your talking over $800-$900 just for the locker, then you need to purchase the compressor too. Then the entire rear end needs to be tore apart and set properly. Not something the normal mechanic can do. I can install a lunch box locker in less than 2 hours and get the same outcome as any other locker. Power to both rear wheels!!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I have an ARB in the rear of my TJ. Freaking love it as long as i dont pinch the line. I thought you were quoting a 5-800 dollar lunchbox. I put a spartan up front of mine for $200.00 Just read it wrong, my bad.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

If I recall correctly, the powertrax no-slip is around $400. I dont think thats all that bad. I would love to get an ARB in the rear but the money saved on the No-Slip will be going into the purchase of a new transfer case.

When I looked around I thought they were closer to $500. Regardless though you're right, there really aren't many options. I'm used to GM trucks where every manufacturer makes a locker and I could get a E-locker for ~$700. If our only other option is $900 & requires an air source, then $500 for a lunchbox locker aint so bad lol

Exactly. Plus I really don't feel like tearing the whole rear apart to install an ARB. That would be depressing knowing new gears aren't going in at the same time.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread Information