Matt Vs Sal at Rausch..... Fall 2012!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Matt Vs Sal at Rausch..... Fall 2012!
    LOL
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    A powertrax noslip has been on my wishlist for quite a while. I would think it would be comparable to qdii to the point of indistinguishable. Main difference is mechanical vs electronic and true locking vs clutchpacks. I would think there would be less to go wrong and easier to fix.

Only thing missing is a front locker, but with the break traction control i doubt you'll miss it. I also doubt qdii engages the front lsd/locker often in real use.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    I know that Lifted Up had an ausie locker in his before he sold it, so its been done. From what I read he really liked it. I've been thinking of getting one myself.

Now I am definitely no where near as knowledgable on these 4wd systems as you guys are but after reading this thread as well as many others involving QTII and QDII; is there actually a trail and/or an obstacle on a trail that QDII can get through that QTII cannot? or does QDII just make it easier? It's hard to think QTII can't get to a level of offroading QDII can but I could be wrong

The reason I ask is because it seems many people want the QDII without questions. I am a newb to wheeling so I just simply do not know and would like too ;p
    Last edited by Core XK; 08-22-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I had the powertrax lock-right in my explorer. That thing was amazing off-road but chattered like hell around turns lol.

Easy install for sure. But they're $450+ now? I remember paying $300ish for mine. At almost the $500 mark I'd probably look for a full carrier. Isn't there an ARB that works?

There is a difference between the Lock right and the No-Slip. I had the No-slip in my Ranger and it never made a sound....EVER! You wouldnt even know it was in there unless I told you. Or when you seen how much more capable it was off road, especially in two wheel drive with both wheels locked. I wanted an ARB, but then thought long and hard about it. Its close to $900 shipped to your door, then you need to install a compressor and all the lines. Not to mention tearing apart the entire rear end to install it. Thats a job that would take a weekend to do. I can do the No-slip in 2 hours or less. Also with the no slip you dont have to worry about if its actually going to work when you hit the button like you would with an ARB. ARB are known to have air leaks on the trail and lose locking capability.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    Now I am definitely no where near as knowledgable on these 4wd systems as you guys are but after reading this thread as well as many others involving QTII and QDII; is there actually a trail and/or an obstacle on a trail that QDII can get through that QTII cannot? or does QDII just make it easier? It's hard to think QTII can't get to a level of offroading QDII can.

The reason I ask is because it seems many people want the QDII without questions. I am a newb to wheeling so I just simply do not know and would like too ;p
    I'm not quite sure, but i do know that i have the QTII system and i go places that a lifted Rubicon will just takes a little more patients. I think a locker in the rear would be perfect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    Now I am definitely no where near as knowledgable on these 4wd systems as you guys are but after reading this thread as well as many others involving QTII and QDII; is there actually a trail and/or an obstacle on a trail that QDII can get through that QTII cannot? or does QDII just make it easier? It's hard to think QTII can't get to a level of offroading QDII can but I could be wrong

If your transfer case is working properly (cough, cough) a Commander with QT II will go down any trail that a QD II Commander will go down if they both have the same amount of lift and same tire brand. The QD II will just make it a little easier. If I recally correctly, I think I showed the QD II boys on that blue/black trail how capable the QT II is. Hell, I think I made it down the trail easier then they did. lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    If your transfer case is working properly (cough, cough) a Commander with QT II will go down any trail that a QD II Commander will go down if they both have the same amount of lift and same tire brand. The QD II will just make it a little easier. If I recally correctly, I think I showed the QD II boys on that blue/black trail how capable the QT II is. Hell, I think I made it down the trail easier then they did. lol
    lol Yeah you definitely proved the QTII even without a properly working TC. I just wanted to clarify. I suppose QTII w/ HEMI would be even better for all situations?

I would never get rid of my XK JUST for QDII but I also do not wheel as much as you guys........YET.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I would have to agree to a certain point, as we saw at Whispering Pines, the QDII made it easier to get thru the same things your QTII did even less lift and A/T tires.. I also would say we dont really have much to say in comparison of whether the QTII cant do what QDII can cause we are limited to lift, tire clearance and lack of trails that we could really see both pushed to its limits or we just havent hit them yet... Id like to see a comparison done of some tough trails out west where the QDII is pushed hard and see if the QTII could keep up...
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information