Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Powertrax No-Slip Locker

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    With QTII you notice slipage before you regain traction, which usualy results in a bunch of dirt being kicked up. With QDII or a locker you would just continue crawling without any slipping at all.
    Heres an example, kinda far from the camera, but you can see what I mean.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I see your point but QDII especially with the HEMI wouldnt even breathe hard getting up that
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Heres one more. I have to get used to the slipping a little more, if I would have stayed on the gas I would have continued to climb, but I tend to hit the break when I feel slipping for some reason in these videos. I've gotten over that a little more since I've gotten more used to my jeep.
    On both of these obstacles only locked Jeeps made it up, open/open wranglers that were with me could not.

Great videos by the way!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    I would have to agree to a certain point, as we saw at Whispering Pines, the QDII made it easier to get thru the same things your QTII did even less lift and A/T tires.. I also would say we dont really have much to say in comparison of whether the QTII cant do what QDII can cause we are limited to lift, tire clearance and lack of trails that we could really see both pushed to its limits or we just havent hit them yet... Id like to see a comparison done of some tough trails out west where the QDII is pushed hard and see if the QTII could keep up...
    We might see things a little differently, but i kind of thought my XK handled a little better in the mud at whispering pines then yours did, mostly due to the tires though. You have all terrains and I have mud terrains. But keep in mind, both trips I was taking it extremely easy with the XK due to my transfer case issue. There were a few times you almost got stuck that I walked right through. And that Is why I love my MT/R's!!!
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 08-22-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Dont get me wrong you werent struggling at all and have alot more experience than I do, but you even said on that a few spots the QDII did everything with out a problem, it was my tires that was holding me back, hell they turned to drag radials in the mud!!

There was a hill climb, not the one my dad murdered but another one where you went up got out and watched me coming up and said damn QDII didnt even struggle up that with A/T tires, thats what I was referring to..

Dont get me wrong you werent struggling at all and have alot more experience than I do, but you even said on that a few spots the QDII did everything with out a problem, it was my tires that was holding me back, hell they turned to drag radials in the mud!!
    There was a hill climb, not the one my dad murdered but another one where you went up got out and watched me coming up and said damn QDII didnt even struggle up that with A/T tires, thats what I was referring to..

Yeah your tires werent the best in the mud that day. But no worries, I see you running Mud Tires next time around!!!

As far as the hill climb your right. The QD II doesnt even struggle because it just goes to full lock. But the QT II will still make it up the same hill just with a little more patience and tire spinning.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah not to take away.... the QTII is a great system that can go almost anywhere.

I think one of the few areas that QDII will shine is steep slippery climbs where you don't want to slow momentum. Watching vids the main difference is you see the QTII videos slow down and even come to a complete stop before starting up again.

Other than that, its just more predictable when you're in a technical area with low traction. Its not really THAT much of a disadvantage. Throw a rear locker in and it'll be almost discernible

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I know that Lifted Up had an ausie locker in his before he sold it, so its been done. From what I read he really liked it. I've been thinking of getting one myself.

ok back on topic! lol so us QT II guys can make our vehicles so much more capable by adding a rear locker. If Lifted Up had an ausie locker and it worked without any issues then there is no reason a no-slip wouldnt work. Do you know if Lifted Up was 4x4 or 2wd and what engine he had? The reason I ask is because if he had a hemi 2wd then he most likely had the rear dana 44 axle. If so then we are back to square one with the 8.25's and not knowing if it will work till I try it. Also Im not to familiar with the aussie locker but are they quiet like the no-slip or do the make the loud racheting noise like the lock right?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information