Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Which 12 Gauge

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I carry all the time except work. Wife does the same- with all the bs going on with all the shootings, I am not taking the chance of being somewhere a shooting happens with my family & not able to protect them.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    my good friend has a new 870 Tactical which seems pretty nice, I havent shot it yet. My only issue is with the rubber recoil pad made into the stock. It is so grippy that it constantly hangs onto my shirt when I shoulder it. Heres a funny story: I went to my buddies house some years ago to hang out for the evening. We were grubbing on some hot pockets out of the microwave and listening to some Zeppelin. LOL . He said" I got a new shotty, wanna go shoot it ? " I said hell yeah I wanna shoot it. So he hands me the gun and goes over to the kitchen counter and unplugs the microwave, still warm from the hot pockets. We went out back and blasted that thing into the next week ! LOL !!!!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    my good friend has a new 870 Tactical which seems pretty nice, I havent shot it yet. My only issue is with the rubber recoil pad made into the stock. It is so grippy that it constantly hangs onto my shirt when I shoulder it. Heres a funny story: I went to my buddies house some years ago to hang out for the evening. We were grubbing on some hot pockets out of the microwave and listening to some Zeppelin. LOL . He said" I got a new shotty, wanna go shoot it ? " I said hell yeah I wanna shoot it. So he hands me the gun and goes over to the kitchen counter and unplugs the microwave, still warm from the hot pockets. We went out back and blasted that thing into the next week ! LOL !!!!
    LOL that is a funny story. I have an old DELL desktop computer sitting in my closet; there is a post it note that says "Range" on it. I am waiting to blow it to pieces with my new shotgun lol.....

It is so much fun going to an outdoor area/range and shooting different things. I am not into hunting so this pleases me just enough!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    LOL that is a funny story. I have an old DELL desktop computer sitting in my closet; there is a post it note that says "Range" on it. I am waiting to blow it to pieces with my new shotgun lol.....

It is so much fun going to an outdoor area/range and shooting different things. I am not into hunting so this pleases me just enough!
    lol. it is a lot of fun. I dont hunt much anymore but I love to just go out and shoot. The AR can make this kinda expensive though.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    lol. it is a lot of fun. I dont hunt much anymore but I love to just go out and shoot. The AR can make this kinda expensive though.
    at nearly 50 bucks a box? yes it can be very expensive LOL my uncle has a fully tatical AR15 and it is so much fun to shoot!!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    How often do you guys carry? for those who do
    Anytime I walk out the door!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    I've had a Mossberg 500 for several years and have no complaints. My dad has an 870, no issues either. You really can't go wrong.

I carry a Glock 23 .40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck "look alike" that a glock forum member makes for half the cost. I bought it a couple days after my 21st birthday (2 years ago) and have shot probably 2,500 rounds through it at the range/back yard without any flaws! I've only added Trijicon night sights and polished the internals.

I also have a Browning Buckmark .22 in the nickle finish with the factory night sights and Houge grips and most recently a beautiful 1933 Mosin Nagant 91/30 with the Hex receiver! Its damn near perfect; scored it at a pawn shop for $125.
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Member Looking for Dirt T1RKaZz's Avatar
    Don't wanna be this guy but if you take care of a mossberg it pretty much bullet proof and there is nothing like that rack it gives me chills when I hear it so you can imagine what an intruder would feel

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I also recommend the Remington 870 Tactical. I would like to get a field barrel for mine as well, with the tactical barrel/choke on it it is great even at moderate distances (50 yards).

Everyday carry? full dress is a Kimber Tactical Ultra in a Galco Kingtuk (very similar to the Crossbreed shown above) when I want to conceal or a Galco Paddlelite for open carry. Summer carry is a Ruger LC9 in a cheap Uncle Mike's IWB beltclip holster until I find a better holster for it (not a lot of options yet). The LC9 is nice - not much bigger than the LCP but uses 9mm instead of .380. I also have a Ruger LCR .357 waiting for a decent ankle holster as a BUG.

Well I will contribute...

Have a Mossberg 500 18.5 with a Knoxx Recoil stock, Benelli M4, Benelli SuperNova Tactical with pistol grip with extended tube, M&P15 with some toys and a .22 conversion, CCW is currently a full size .40 S&W but that is going to be up for sale or traded on something more compact in the .40 family. Thats just my zombie/tactical toys, many others grace my gun safe. Grew up with guns, plan to teach my daughter the ehtics of good gun owernship and control!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information