Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Lance Armstrong a Fraud?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty

Is Lance Armstrong a Fraud?

Every morning I follow the same routine. Get up, read the paper, enjoy a coffee and turn the tv to ESPN. I dunno how many of you follow sports but of the few sports people I idolize as a kid, even today - one of them was Lance. I watched EVERY tour that he was in sitting at the edge of my seat the entire time hoping he'd win, lol. I want to know what you guys think of Lance basically throwing in the towel about the doping allegations which will now lead to him being stripped of all of his Tour De France titles.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Fraud!!!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Its easy for us to ASSUME guilt, for me I wont change my thought of him. I believe theres a chance that he was doping but honestly, would we REALLY ever know the truth?!?! What the guy did, doping or not was still one of the greatest sporting accomplishments we may ever see, taking away titles will never take away the thrill of watching it. I never followed him as closely as you did but watched his races and always routed for the guy. Maybe the guy doesnt want to be center of attention for the next 2 yrs while the case goes on and accusations are constantly made, maybe he just said screw it take my accomplishments Im done fighting and standing up for myself OR maybe he really was doping, nothing will change what he over came and in my eyes thats all that matters.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    As usual there's a bunch of questionable conjecture in the allegations.

I'm a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty, and they haven't proven anything. They're using testimony from people who were caught doping saying that Lance was involved (at the rewards of leniency for their cooperation).....

I think Lance is tired of it and ready to move on. Can't blame him..... this has been going on so long it really does feel like a witch hunt.

And my final food-for-thought.... there seems to be this illusion that IF he was on something, that he was the only one. Guess what, I bet a lot of those guys that lost 7 years in a row were doping trying to finally win.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    I follow all baseball pretty insanely but other sports I do just watch ESPN to keep updated on whats going on, and of course I am a fan of lance and I don't really know how to think about all of this; especially with basbeall...I get disgusted when players are caught using enhancement drugs.....
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Personally I dont care who uses PEDs, they want to ruin their bodies and have children with birth defects thats on them... I just hate the argument, "what kind of message are they sending to the little kids growing up watching them?" The little kids wouldnt know who was using them and who wasnt if the media and leagues blow it out of proportion. WE as fans are the reason athletes use PEDs, we want to see big hit in football, multiple title wins in cycling, 100000000 home runs.. Its just a matter of who gets caught and who doesnt, thats it.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Personally I dont care who uses PEDs, they want to ruin their bodies and have children with birth defects thats on them... I just hate the argument, "what kind of message are they sending to the little kids growing up watching them?" The little kids wouldnt know who was using them and who wasnt if the media and leagues blow it out of proportion. WE as fans are the reason athletes use PEDs, we want to see big hit in football, multiple title wins in cycling, 100000000 home runs.. Its just a matter of who gets caught and who doesnt, thats it.
    I definitely agree the media blows everything out of proportion but this isnt just for sports. I mean yeah its awesome watching huge hits and earnings but do it honestly like the majority of other athletes. I just am completely against any PEDs in all sports minor or major.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

The reason I stopped caring is that there is NEVER going to be sports without PEDs, NEVER. So why sit here make a big deal about an athlete that has when the majority of athletes are or have doped. I get it do it honestly, but what if your favorite athlete did it honestly for so long and never made it so he doped one time to get the edge, got the starting spot and now makes millions?? Cause it happened 5 yrs ago no one may never know or ever know about it, its sad but its part of sports

Well your definitely right as it will never stop happening but when you hear about such iconic athletes like armstrong....it gets me dissapointed.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    I dont think the majority of athletes use these drugs, that's a little presumptuous. But, it is safe to say that athletes are getting away with it a lot and that should not be the case. I think we'd have to put ourselves in the shoes of those who they compete with. If you were the biker, or swimmer, baseball player, or whatever... And you lost only to find out that the winner was using PED's I think you'd have a new-found levelp of disappointment. It undermines the integrity and efforts of others.

But I agree that you are innocent untill proven guilty, but his withdrawal leaves me perplexed, lol.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 08-24-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information