Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Lance Armstrong a Fraud?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    , his withdrawal leaves me perplexed, lol.
    From his quotes that have been published and the information about the ADA precedings, it looks like it was a one-sided fight, they were dragging him through the mud without a realistic chance to defend himself and basically saying "well we can't prove you did it, but you can't prove you didn't, so we think you're guilty and aren't going to stop until that's the outcome".

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Apparently it is now guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. Even then they aren't letting him completely defend himself. Show me a test that came back positive for anything. They can't. It was once said he was the most tested athlete in the world, at over 500 tests, and NONE of them came back positive yet this group of "teammates" were offered full immunity if they testified against him. It's amazing how these "men" can cheat themselves, continually lie about cheating, and still are thought of as credible witnesses. I think I'll make a donation to Live Strong.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Ok maybe not the majority of athletes, but i would a good portion of them have or are using PEDs, thats my opinion, again maybe over exaggerating by saying majority as majority probably are not. I actually have been in those shoes of an athlete who did not qualify for a state soccer team called ODP, Olympic Developmental Program, cause of a kid who open, in high school, to using steriods. But I didnt blame his steriod use for the reason I lost, thats just me I do my best not to blame anyone for me not accomplishing my goals. I can understand on a larger stage it may be different. Personally I dont think Lance was using PEDs, he's been fighting the battle for years and passed piss test after piss test, to me thats evidence, not an individual(s) coming forward to protect their own name by tarnishing someone elses. Its been a battle he's fought and like Matt said regardless of test results they believed otherwise. At this point people who are to quick to assume what the media says is true or all allegations are true, already believe he used PEDs, so whats the point to fight if he will never be able to clear his guilt. Im just happy to hear Nike will still support him and his foundation, cause in the end thats all Lance really care's about and why I will never lose respect for him..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Ok maybe not the majority of athletes, but i would a good portion of them have or are using PEDs, thats my opinion, again maybe over exaggerating by saying majority as majority probably are not. I actually have been in those shoes of an athlete who did not qualify for a state soccer team called ODP, Olympic Developmental Program, cause of a kid who open, in high school, to using steriods. But I didnt blame his steriod use for the reason I lost, thats just me I do my best not to blame anyone for me not accomplishing my goals. I can understand on a larger stage it may be different. Personally I dont think Lance was using PEDs, he's been fighting the battle for years and passed piss test after piss test, to me thats evidence, not an individual(s) coming forward to protect their own name by tarnishing someone elses. Its been a battle he's fought and like Matt said regardless of test results they believed otherwise. At this point people who are to quick to assume what the media says is true or all allegations are true, already believe he used PEDs, so whats the point to fight if he will never be able to clear his guilt. Im just happy to hear Nike will still support him and his foundation, cause in the end thats all Lance really care's about and why I will never lose respect for him..
    No I think your opinion is pretty accurate but I don't think majority uses PEDs either...especially with the embaressment and consequences others have recently faced. I don't think Lance did PEDs I was just commenting on IF he did admit it or proof was discovered then I would be very disapointed. The media is a black cloud for anyone targetted because once somethings comes out in the media it is totally blown open, and everyone believes the media right away....because they hold the type of influence and power. I don't believe the media because I am more of a factual person but it still makes you wonder and hope the allegations are false.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I would have to disagree with your point of it being embarrassing and the consequences for athletes using PEDs, clearly these athletes dont care about any of that or else that wouldnt be getting arrested for smoking weed in the parking lot before practice (Udonis Haslem), or smoking 3 blunts in your car after a game (Santonio Holmes), breaking liquor bottles over peoples heads in a strip club(Pacman Jones), sleeping with 40+ woman (Tiger Woods), using PEDs (Barry Bonds), shooting yourself in the leg (Plexico Burress) and so on, its clear to me athletes dont care else this wouldnt happen. I also believe the things these athletes and many other have done, killing white chicks (O.J. Simpson), are much worse examples to kids than using PEDS..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    I would have to disagree with your point of it being embarrassing and the consequences for athletes using PEDs, clearly these athletes dont care about any of that or else that wouldnt be getting arrested for smoking weed in the parking lot before practice (Udonis Haslem), or smoking 3 blunts in your car after a game (Santonio Holmes), breaking liquor bottles over peoples heads in a strip club(Pacman Jones), sleeping with 40+ woman (Tiger Woods), using PEDs (Barry Bonds), shooting yourself in the leg (Plexico Burress) and so on, its clear to me athletes dont care else this wouldnt happen. I also believe the things these athletes and many other have done, killing white chicks (O.J. Simpson), are much worse examples to kids than using PEDS..
    Agree with the example on kids with the athletes you mentioned; but there will always be "the exceptions" to any situation and there is no avoiding that. However, I think the larg majority of athletes who do not use PEDS choose not to do it for many reasons and ONE of the reasons may be the consequences/emabressment others have faced. I would hope the reason is they have more honor and pride then to take a supplement to essentially be better then the norm. and all that comes along with it.

I just have a tremendous amount of respect for natural athletes who do it honestly, fair, and because they love it. This seems to be fading away more and more with always wanting more money especially

Example: Lee taking 30million less JUST to play for the city and team he wants to be at......you don't see this very often
    Last edited by Core XK; 08-24-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Im just happy to hear Nike will still support him and his foundation, cause in the end thats all Lance really care's about and why I will never lose respect for him..
    I am no conspiracy theorist, lol, but it seems like NIKE has become quick to stand behind its endorsees. Despite that Lance was willing to risk all of his endorsements, Im not entirely sure how I feel about that. But when your integrity is put to question, and you handle millions of dollars a year, it should naturally make others question whether or not his philanthropic foundation operates in the same fashion.

Only thing that makes me worry is that some people will interpret this risky behavior being worth the risk. I can do w/e I want, plead out, and still have it all.

But domt get me wrong, lol. I still wear the same Livestrong band since high school.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    No. The USADA IS, however.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    I still wear the same Livestrong band since high school.
    I am glad im not the only one - still rocking it strong. Especially since my wife had cancer.... Love him or hate him Lance has done SOOOO MUCH for cancer research with his Livestrong group.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information