Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Rausch Creek Wheeling October 27th

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Yeah and those reasons are why I more than likely will get sliders over anything else.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

I will definitely buy yours if you decide on SA sliders
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Without the sliders you'll always be "at risk" of that type of damage. If you're only going wheeling once in your life, then OK there benefit/cost probably isn't there. But if they prevent that damage just ONCE, they've paid for themselves.

I know I also have a lot more fun wheeling with my sliders. I don't have to baby my vehicle as much and they've taken quite a few good hits.
    Yeah but with that being said, your 4xguard sliders don't provide any protection to the doors. A slider like SA is the best way to go
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    A slider like SA is the best way to go
    I agree. I bought my 4XG before SA existed, otherwise I would have the SA sliders

Though my 4xG have saved my rockers on numerous occasions. Lol specifically last trim when Tim failed to mention I was about to drop off a rock (great video btw hahaha)

I wonder what shipping is for SA. It is only $33 to ship 4xg
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

What is the price of the SA sliders compared to 4xguard?? Even if SA was a little more expensive the SA sliders are the way to go since they provide more protection.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    What is the price of the SA sliders compared to 4xguard?? Even if SA was a little more expensive the SA sliders are the way to go since they provide more protection.
    SA Sliders are $499 bare (No plate or paint) + whatever shipping is

4xG are $582 including shipping to PA (I think their East Coast distributor is in PA)

So depending on shipping for SA it is not a large difference but it depends on how quickly Jon can produce them at the moment. Other then that, unless you do what USMC did with his SA sliders they do not cover everything for a stock look like 4xg.

I don't really mind the covering part since I already removed my stock rockers and modified the looks. I can't make up my mind but I do agree that SA are better as far as capability. Hands down.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Appearance wise I prefer the 4xGuard, but when I do purchase it will be SA for sure. I still have to get Matts spacers installed on the rear just havent had much time either. Adam you plan on staying on blues or you going crazy wtih your friends on the blacks? I want to hit more difficult trails then last time since I have skids but as Corey pointed out Im trying to be smart as well!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

I'm going to let my little brother and the wrangler guys coming with him go there own route. Ill be with you guys and Pat with the red Grand Cherokee. I can't go to crazy either. Transfer case is dunzo!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Sucks to hear about Tcase! Im still having tire issues which will get addressed this week as well as an alignment. Hopefully the leak is just at valve stems and I dont need tires or else this trip wont happen!! Either way MT/Rs are going on just a matter of when..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information