Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 08 XK Limited will not start.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar

08 XK Limited will not start.

Ok, here is my problem. Last weekend did a tune up on a 08 XK Limited. It ran beautiful after replacing the upper plugs. After a few days of driving it and enjoy how she ran, I parked it at home and the next day went out to start it and it would not start.
    What I get when I turn on the key: I get a small click. My friend listened to where the click was coming from. It was coming from the back fuse back. We opened up the fuse box and start to check everything. When we heard the click again, it was coming from the group of 3 relays. Everything lights up on the dash. Windows go up and down, Radio and AC still work.
    I also checked the battery and it was 12.5 volts. Still good, but it will not start. We also try to jump start it to satisfied ourselves and still nothing.
    Anyone had this problem or heard of this kind of problem on a 08 XK.. Thanks for your help. Steve
    ….

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Did you try jumping it off of another vehicle with jumper cables?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    battery. trust me, battery. jump it and see if it will start. lots of talk over the past few years about the batteries. you cant trust the battery testers neither. also could be wire running to starter, if it starts by jumping it then ts the battery.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Its not the battery! He posted on the other forum. They tried to jump it off his friends truck. Still wont start. Doesnt even turn over at all but all the lights qork, windows go up and down...etc. Im thinking starter..
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    then starter or that stupid wire down there. Its not the battery ! HaHaHaHa !!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Steve, put a voltmeter across the battery and see what the voltage drops to when you try starting it. If the voltage drops, its likely the starter. If the voltage doesnt drop, its the wiring and/or relays.

Want me to take a look at it tomorrow AM?

Just an FYI, since you told me it didn't start a few weeks ago but then randomly started working again.... I have a feeling its corrosion on the wiring harness.

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    I'd say wiring harness too. Mine had the same problem. It didn't start once or twice then started fine a few minutes later until one day it wouldn't start at all. It's a known problem because the mechanic at the dealership walked out to mine, popped the hood, reached in and jiggled the wire, hopped back in and started it to drive it into the shop. He parked it right next to another XK that was there for the same thing.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    @Matt. Use that would be good or even in the afternoon. Up to you. Just let me know what time so I will be home. Thanks brother.

text me your address. i'll swing by in the AM after i get some coffee in me. (~9-10)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information