Thread: 08 XK Limited will not start.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    lol..you guys are crazy
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Save that for RC!!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    And if you read my posts I never said a "bad" starter. Just said Im thinking it's the starter!

Nope you were wrong like the rest of us. I always say battery first until you say you have completed the steps to rule that out. Click no start test battery then harness then starter in that order simplest first.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    Ok all, here goes… My friend Matt came over this morning and some of you may know him.. A very knowable guy also with a XK. He did a few checks on the battery and relays. Seems like everything there was ok.. Then he said, lets jack up the XK and he got under the XK and shook the Starter Wire Harness and BINGO the XK started… Mat is a Life Saver. I have been so down since Thursday trying to figure out what was wrong. Mat came over and in 10, well maybe 15 minutes had it running again.. Then we drove the XK to the jeep dealer, to have them install a New Starter Wiring Harness tomorrow. THANKS TO MAT, I was back on the road. And also Thanks for all you guys and girls for your feedback. Steve….

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Nope you were wrong like the rest of us. I always say battery first until you say you have completed the steps to rule that out. Click no start test battery then harness then starter in that order simplest first.
    Haha how was I wrong!!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Haha how was I wrong!!
    Lets take a little journey

Its not the battery! He posted on the other forum. They tried to jump it off his friends truck. Still wont start. Doesnt even turn over at all but all the lights qork, windows go up and down...etc. Im thinking starter..
    Starter!!
    I know. Lol I want it to be the starter so it makes your day harder! Haha
    I knew it wasn't the battery! Told you it had something to do with the starter
    The wiring harness is not the starter The starter is working the battery is working its the harness that's bad There for IMO you and I my friend were wrong wrong wrong! LOL I crack myself up LOL

Haha no the starter wasn't working because of the starter wiring harness was bad. Never once said the starter was bad and needed to be replaced. Everyone was saying the battery, which I knew wasn't the cause. It was quite obvious the battery was fine but starter wasn't turning over the engine.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    Sal you guys have me laughing my a**off here. I would have bet also the Starter but who would think it would be the HARNESS. I guess Mat would. LOL.

Haha no the starter wasn't working because of the starter wiring harness was bad. Never once said the starter was bad and needed to be replaced. Everyone was saying the battery, which I knew wasn't the cause. It was quite obvious the battery was fine but starter wasn't turning over the engine.
    Its not the battery! He posted on the other forum. They tried to jump it off his friends truck. Still wont start. Doesnt even turn over at all but all the lights qork, windows go up and down...etc. Im thinking starter..
    Starter!!
    I know. Lol I want it to be the starter so it makes your day harder! Haha
    I knew it wasn't the battery! Told you it had something to do with the starter
    Dude you're a natural politician LMAO just admitt your wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mrnavy2 View Post
    Sal you guys have me laughing my a**off here. I would have bet also the Starter but who would think it would be the HARNESS. I guess Mat would. LOL.
    Its all in fun

Anyways. I'm just glad he got it fixed and that it was an issue with the starter not turning over the engine!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information