Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
I thought it was decent. I'm no critic but i'm particularly critical of Jeep shows. But I can put on 'two hats'.

I can take the show at face value for what it is, entertainment, and pretty much enjoy the show looking from the outside in.

But on the other hand, knowing the challenges associated with trips like this, I can look from the outside in. One of the main problems I have with shows like this is that it will always attract the intermediate-novice Jeepers. A truely experienced Jeeper traversing these distances ob obstacles knows the weak points of his/her vehicle. Consequently, they know what spares/back ups to bring, and the tools to get the job done. So, when something breaks down and the 'actors' are like "oh crap", and the show picks up 'suspense' - in the back of my mind, i'm just thinking... "ur stupid for not bringing 'x' and 'y' with you.
Well, I am not going to defend the show, but disagree with your point of view. The whole premise of the show is that they are "unprepared" and have to make due with what they have, even if that is faked. What you are saying is like criticizing Bear Grylls (from Man vs Wild) for not bringing a lighter, some cookware and MREs...