I guess good can come from bad as well. We have tropical storm Isaac going through South Florida now. What looked like a hurricane kind of fizzled out and now it is mostly rain. But Miami is also flooded in some areas, and yesterday I drove through some standing water. Well, I guess the plastic stock transmission "skid plate" must have scooped up the water and it ripped off clean with the exception of one bolt, from which it hung.

I was saving to get all SA skids, but I found a new 4X belly guard from another forum member at a great price shipped, so that will replace the incredibly crappy stock one. Last night as I was taking off the remainder of the "skid plate" I noticed some sopping cardboard like material on top of the cat or thereabouts. It looks as though it is some kind of insulation, but if that is the case it seems pretty poor, as I was able to rip off the rest with just some gloves. Can anybody tell me what this is, and if I should worry about replacing it with anything stock or a better aftermarket material? Thanks.