Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is NOT running Wheel Spacers

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yeah its a PITA trying to find wheels in the specs we need.
    You can say that again... I mean im not really in the market now, just trying to figure out about how much I may be spending down the road. Spacers are alright, but now with a little one riding around I would rather them off. Dont get me wrong, my spacers have treated me well...except for 2 years ago when my wheel came off my jeep...

Just would rather get rid of that fear all together
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Being that you have a WK you have a bit more leniency than us XK guys.... but the envelope is still pretty close.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    I am getting some Black rock steelies or Yuma's this week, but they are both a 0 offset rim. The Savegre's are a +10 which is as far as I would go if you don't have a SL. I ran them when at 2" on 265/70's and they were a good fit.
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Quote Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
    I am getting some Black rock steelies or Yuma's this week, but they are both a 0 offset rim. The Savegre's are a +10 which is as far as I would go if you don't have a SL. I ran them when at 2" on 265/70's and they were a good fit.
    I love the look of the Yuma's and the price - Black Rock is a great deal for wheels. If you get either, let us know how they fit. My main concern is the Caliper/Caliper Bracket. I have the pinch weld mod done so Im not too worried about the tire rub.
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
    How much do those Black Rock steelies weigh? Can't find that online. I would love to get steel wheels when I get bigger tires, but I am concerned about how much the extra weight can affect mileage negatively.
    07 WK Limited, 3.0 CRD, QDII

Adams running the black rocks...... they required 1/4" spacers to clear the caliper arbor. So if your goal is to eliminate spacers, might want to look at other options.

Adams running the black rocks...... they required 1/4" spacers to clear the caliper arbor. So if your goal is to eliminate spacers, might want to look at other options.
    I was secretly hoping that Black Rock Alloys would sit differently.. haha. I do like some of what ATX wheels have to offer as well. Just gotta save coin now

Good point.... didn't think about a difference between steelie & allow models. I'd definitely test fit one first before ordering a whole set.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelcodex View Post
    How much do those Black Rock steelies weigh? Can't find that online. I would love to get steel wheels when I get bigger tires, but I am concerned about how much the extra weight can affect mileage negatively.
    The Black Rock steelie weights approx 10 lbs more then the oem wheel so I was told. I definitely noticed a huge difference in weight between my 265/70s on oem compared to 285/70 on the black rocks. Those suckers are heavy!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Good point.... didn't think about a difference between steelie & allow models. I'd definitely test fit one first before ordering a whole set.
    Hoping Valspacer is the tester if he gets the Yuma's

Yeah Steelies are a bit heavy for my liking

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information