Thread: Custom 4" lift possible?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Damn that sucks. Well I know for sure my 4.7 liter XK will never see a superlift. It needs to much work as it is and ill be hitting 120,000 miles in the next few months. I would rather install one on a fresh Hemi XK
    Why don't you try and grab a HEMI now? even if its a QTII you have the locker...
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I was thinking about it. I was also thinking about bringing the XK back to stock so I could swap my parts to the new Hemi. My buddy bob just ordered the HD OME lift and will sell me his old tires for $300. They only have a few thousand miles on them. I would just need to find some wheels to mount them on. That and I would need some oem UCAs
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I was thinking about it. I was also thinking about bringing the XK back to stock so I could swap my parts to the new Hemi. My buddy bob just ordered the HD OME lift and will sell me his old tires for $300. They only have a few thousand miles on them. I would just need to find some wheels to mount them on. That and I would need some oem UCAs
    Well you know how to fix anything that DOES go wrong with your current XK BUT....do you really want to keep dumping $$ into it when you could be putting that into a less mileage hemi w/ locker? I think you should try to bring yours to stock and make the switch....I can't see it being a bad move but I don't know your entire situation either.

I'd give you my OEM UCAs but I won't be getting new ones for awhile
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I can get a newer vehicle at any time now. It's just finding the one I'm looking for. I think if I got a HEMI I'd want QD II though so I'd probably just sell the diff cover and locker.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I can get a newer vehicle at any time now. It's just finding the one I'm looking for. I think if I got a HEMI I'd want QD II though so I'd probably just sell the diff cover and locker.
    True, if I was were to do it over again with the knowledge I have now I'd get the QDII as well; but if you find a great deal on a QTII Hemi then you can weigh your options since you have the locker/Diff. Guard
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Thread Information