Thread: Custom 4" lift possible?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt
    I am going to take a look this afternoon in the wheelwell again, but after finding this picture on Rocky Road's website my idea may not work.
    I have pretty much convinced myself the whole engine cradle can be lowered 1-1/2" along with the transmission crossbar lowered 1-1/2". Lowering the front subframe with steel or aluminum spacers and longer grade 10.9 fasteners. Next was to lengthen the lower section of the steering column shaft between the last two u-joints. The 1-1/2" is the max because the headers are getting very close to the steering column u-joint. If I was running stock exhaust manifolds 2" may have been possible.
    But I also thought there was room to re-drill holes 1-1/2" lower for the Upper Arm pivot points. With the way the body is constructed in that area, that may not be possible unless a section was cut out and new welded in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Upper Control arm Mount.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	1546  

06 Red Jeep XK 3.7L V6 QT1, RC 2" with 1/2", 1-1/4" Wheel Spacers, Rubicon Moab Rims, Grabber AT2 LT265/70-17, Rocky Road Supersliders, Fastman Throttle-body, K&N Cold Air Filter, JBA Headers, Front Tow Hooks, 2" receiver front & rear, Wired for winch front & rear, ARB Onboard Air, Trans Temp Gauge, Aux Trans Cooler, Sport Roof Crossbars, Skid Plates, RS5010 Rear Shocks, JKS 2034 Front & 2001 Rear Disconnects

Thread Information