Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom 4" lift possible?

Member Looking for Dirt

Custom 4" lift possible?

Question, if there was a way to lower the front differential, steering rack, & lower control arm pivot points all by 1-1/2" and also keep the upper control arms at an angle no greater than what is done on a two inch lift, would a 4" lift be possible without damaging the CV joints or steering inner tie rod joints?
    Would you see any thing else that may come into play?
    If not, than a RC double stacked 2" lift on the front and a RC 2" block on the rear with OME 2" coils on the back.
    I think this is possible, but that would mean the front CV joints and Steering tie rods would be working as if it's a 2-1/2" lift.
    06 Red Jeep XK 3.7L V6 QT1, RC 2" with 1/2", 1-1/4" Wheel Spacers, Rubicon Moab Rims, Grabber AT2 LT265/70-17, Rocky Road Supersliders, Fastman Throttle-body, K&N Cold Air Filter, JBA Headers, Front Tow Hooks, 2" receiver front & rear, Wired for winch front & rear, ARB Onboard Air, Trans Temp Gauge, Aux Trans Cooler, Sport Roof Crossbars, Skid Plates, RS5010 Rear Shocks, JKS 2034 Front & 2001 Rear Disconnects

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    No, you would need new spindles as well to maintain the uca/lca kinematic relationship and essentially have all of the parts as the 4" superlift, just with less height.

It'd be cheaper and better to just get the superlift.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I wish it were that simple, slapping an RC lift on top of the OME
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

I'm running 1/4" spacer on top of OME. That's the limit if not over the limit IMO. Down travel of the suspension is almost non existent. And I'm wondering how long my steering rack is going to last. Literally biting my nails till the day I can do it right and get a suspension system on there!

Yea I hear ya, I dont see the need for the superlift yet, especially at 2k when all said and done. The OME does everything I need it to, for now especially as a DD. When I get a new car 3-4 yrs I may go for the superlift if something else isnt developed by then
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifting is addictive. Your OME is relatively new.... won't be long before you're installing the 1/4" spacers and soon after wanting bigger lol.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Lifting is addictive. Your OME is relatively new.... won't be long before you're installing the 1/4" spacers and soon after wanting bigger lol.
    I will definitely have a SL on my XK one day (Matt will tell you) :P
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Oh no doubt Id like to have a 6" lift but I know whats realistic and whats not right now..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    lol Yeah I know...its not realistic for me right now either (I wish I still lived with my mom) then It would be realistic!!!!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

I Want to have the SL on mine before Adam does!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information