Thread: What's The Longest You Have Owned a Car?

Administrator
    Blog Entries

What's The Longest You Have Owned a Car?

Mr. Allen Swift ( Springfield , MA.) received this 1928 Rolls-Royce Picadilly P1 Roadster from his father, brand new - as a graduation gift in 1928. He drove it up until his death in 2005 ..at the age of 102 !!!

He was the oldest living owner of a car from new. He donated it to a Springfield museum after his death. It has 170,000 miles on it, still runs like a Swiss watch, dead silent at any speed and is in perfect cosmetic condition. (82 years) ...That's approximately 2073 miles per year...

Can you imagine keeping your Commander for that long?

What about you car lovers out there, what's the longest you have owned a car from new?

The longest I have ever owned a car from new is my 2001 P.T. Cruiser. I also have my 2006 Commander and a 2008 smart which I purchased new.

The longest I have owned ANY car would be my 1955 Willy which I purchased used in 1976, 34 years ago and still have in the garage at home.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    from new and used 10 years seems to be my max right now. 1997 ford aspire bought 1996 sold 2006. Mustang bought 2001 used sold 2010. The aspire wins by a few months. I still see that aspire driving around here it has no AC not a good southern car. 2003 BMW new lasted 6months 2002 suburban lasted 2 months 2003 Avalanche new 9months. 2002 Suzuki marauder new lasted 3months. Don't ask not sure what my problem was but I had a new car it seemed like every month for a while I kept taking them back or selling them because my wife or I didn't like them. The one I really didn't want to sell was the BMW I loved it wife hated it. Theres more but I think I got off point sorry.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I bought my Mustang GT Convertable 21 years ago. I took it to Chicago where it morphed into a bracket race car due to a SVT motorsports dealer and my friend at "Mustangs of Chicago". They installed a GT40 crate racing engine, suspension mods, 3.73 gears, Cobra clutch and other goodies. The trailer that I carry it on is actually 5 years older. I got it in 1984 to carry my earlier Mustang Convertable around the country behind a motorhome.

I rarely drive the Mustang on the street. It is a ticket magnet. I am not sure why the tires go up in smoke all the time, it must like to show off by itself.

It is now a Trailer Queen. We definitely need to put together another race night for the Phoenix Commander Group.

2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1992 Honda Civic- bought new and traded for a new 2002 Hyundai Elantra. The Civic had 195K
    Traded the Hyundai a month ago for a new 2010 Nissan Altima. The Hyundai had 185K
    I like to get my money's worth. My daughter just turned 6 so we are telling her to help take care of the Altima as it will be her first car.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am the original owner of my special ordered 95 Chevy S-10 Extended Cab. 4.3L engine with MANUAL tranny. Yup, manual. I would have special ordered my XK if I could have gotten an manual. Nothing I hate more than a car that thinks it is smarter than you, refusing to go into the gear that I want to be in. I HATE THAT!
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Thread Information