Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Its one of the trade offs but doesn't seem to be a significant issue when put to actual use.
That makes sense, the spring rate on the OME HD coils, probably reduce the amount of spring compression upwards. Still it would be nice to have some drop down bump stops for peace of mind.

I"m getting ready to replace the front struts and found some old inventory front OME HD coils for $60 plus shipping from Toyota builder out in Utah, received them yesterday. Brand new in the box never used. So I figure I'd upgrade the suspension a bit. I'll have to buy HD's for the back, which I was planing on doing to help out with towing. It never ends.... While back there, I'm adding the 2" body spacer to the rear bump stops.

Question, on the front with the OME coils, since some of the strut stroke is now used to raise the Jeep, I also assume it shortens available the strut downward stroke compared to a spacer block lift. That probably is a good thing as well, with the front swap bar disconnected, it probably reduces or limits the angle the CV joint sees compared with a spacer block lift.
Do you know how much travel downward you have, say measures from the center of the whell to the fender, with the front sway bar disconnected?
Thanks.