Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OME front kit is installed!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    From normal ride height I only have 1.5-2" of down travel of my front suspension. One of the reasons I will be upgrading to the superlift so I get some travel back.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    From normal ride height I only have 1.5-2" of down travel of my front suspension. One of the reasons I will be upgrading to the superlift so I get some travel back.
    Maybe I need to rethink the front coils and stay with my RC spacers up front. I have good down travel and didn't think the coils would take away that much. If the superlift is all spacers and drop down brackets, the downward travel will be similar to the RC 2" then, maybe limiting straps would be nice just to hold the CV joints from grinding. And I would still have my "lowered" bump stops.
    06 Red Jeep XK 3.7L V6 QT1, RC 2" with 1/2", 1-1/4" Wheel Spacers, Rubicon Moab Rims, Grabber AT2 LT265/70-17, Rocky Road Supersliders, Fastman Throttle-body, K&N Cold Air Filter, JBA Headers, Front Tow Hooks, 2" receiver front & rear, Wired for winch front & rear, ARB Onboard Air, Trans Temp Gauge, Aux Trans Cooler, Sport Roof Crossbars, Skid Plates, RS5010 Rear Shocks, JKS 2034 Front & 2001 Rear Disconnects

Have you measured your down travel? With the RC the strut is no longer the limiting factor, other suspension components are.

If you can, measure your hub to fender at ride height and then hub to fender at full suspension drop.... curious to see how it compares.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Have you measured your down travel? With the RC the strut is no longer the limiting factor, other suspension components are.

If you can, measure your hub to fender at ride height and then hub to fender at full suspension drop.... curious to see how it compares.
    I believe the spindle contacts the lower coil spring support on the strut, and the CV shaft looks to be in a precarious state of affairs. I'll measure it up and report back on Monday when I get back from the weekend. Could you do the same with your OME? Apples to apples I would think between the two lifts.

You know what would be nice?
    An articulation thread, everyone could post their results and then we could have a comparison across the board on lifts.
    Maybe including the following information, and I'm sure I'm missing some factors.
    What lift?
    Shocks?
    Struts?
    Extra spacers?
    Bump Stops, extended or stock?
    With or with out disco's?
    Tire size?
    Wheels and offsets?

Than measure wheel center to fender at ride height, full down, full up at each corner and report what the limiting factor was, i.e. tire contacting wheelwell etc.
    06 Red Jeep XK 3.7L V6 QT1, RC 2" with 1/2", 1-1/4" Wheel Spacers, Rubicon Moab Rims, Grabber AT2 LT265/70-17, Rocky Road Supersliders, Fastman Throttle-body, K&N Cold Air Filter, JBA Headers, Front Tow Hooks, 2" receiver front & rear, Wired for winch front & rear, ARB Onboard Air, Trans Temp Gauge, Aux Trans Cooler, Sport Roof Crossbars, Skid Plates, RS5010 Rear Shocks, JKS 2034 Front & 2001 Rear Disconnects

Yeah I have those measurements written down at home.... got them for Adam when we were comparing control arms.

Not a bad thread idea.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information